New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hello fellow Jackson fanatics! At least I'm one thats for sure. I have been playing off and on for the last 20 years (since I was 15, I am now 35) and refuse to play anything other than these guitars. My first guitar was a Fender stratocaster followed by a Charvel model 6 and then the Jackson soloist, Dinky rev. in stone, and a Stealth EX in black. I have had some junk in the past like Arbor and series 1 and a few Kramers with the baseball bat neck focus 2000, and 6000.
    I just got this new 2005 DX10D in
    transparent blue last x-mas and love the quality. I know the trem and dd pickups aren't that great but I really have no complaints except I am contemplating sticking an invader in the bridge.
    As soon as I got it I took off the strings, dropped the trem, took out the middle spring, stuck some 8's custom on and set the intonation. Then I played around with pickup height and fiddled with the tone, volume, and 3-way selector.

I only have one question. I went back to the store and they had a few others there but none of them had quite the same finnish on them. Although they were trans blue the outer edges were darker and the middle was lighter in color. Mine has the same color all over no darker or lighter. Is this an older style finnish or something? The serial #9727338

Welcome Jackson guitars are the best!!!

Read the rules please
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Welcome aboard, that's a nice dinky and very good pictures!
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Welcome man!And yes, really nice pics!

Comment

Yes, 2006 trans finishes are darker around the edges and lighter in the center.

Nice guitar!

Comment

Welcome buddy!!! Very nice guitar!!! I'm very tempted to get a DX10D in Amber burst... But this year, my 2 oldest sons get the budget for guitars... See my other thread.

Rock on!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Welcome to the board!

Comment

I don't know if that finish is normal, but I picked up one just like it at GC marked down to $150, and had everyone in the store following me waiting for me to put it down. As soon as I did someone bought it. I have too many guitars as it is, but that will be the one that "got away" .

Comment

Hey man, welcome!

And thanks for posting the serial# -- that helps the little database in my head
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

welcome... i like the trans blue!
                    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                    Amp... Pioneer
                    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! I am completely impressed by the quality of this guitar and this site. Also, thanks for answering my question. I guess I got one of the last chrome hardware 05's from Japan with basswood body?

Comment

No, it should be alder w/ flame maple veneer.

Comment

Your right! It's alder. No wonder it sounds soo good. Basswood is the 06.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast1 View Post
                            Basswood is the 06.
                            post JULY '06

and no, unfortunately I don't have the ser# cutoff...

Comment

Welcome, Fast1! Nice guitar you have there.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X