How do you play a RRV sitting down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    I find the Rhoads to be one of the worst guitars to sit and play...

The Warrior and KV are best for playing sitting.
    Thats weird I have both a king V and a RR. I think the RR is easier
    eh....all personal preference I guess. Although I play sitting down all the time so I guess I have adapted

Comment

RR's are easy to sit and play with. I prefer a footrest for my left foot, but it's not necessary. Don't pass one up because you are afraid it will be to uncomfortable sitting down. They are awesome guitars!! Besides, you'll be standing on stage..right?

Comment

I'm used to playing in a classical position sitting down.
        I have a KV and had a RR1t and have found both playing sitting down piss easy. Like Dave's showing.
        I don't even bring one leg forward or one higher than the other , etc.
        Just open the legs and one horn over my right thigh, the other under it and play. Just be careful not to hit your third leg with the guitar .

Comment

I dunno...sitting or standing... to me they suck. RRs, KVs, etc; they all feel crappy to me. Kellys are even worse. I know they are all great axes, but I just can't get the feel...ya know? I can't even enjoy a strat these days. To me, I love the feel of a Dinky, and I'm not sure even why that is. I think the "sharper" feeling body edges do it for me, plus a lower horn scallop....that's just awesome. And they're a tad lighter weight too.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

It doesn't matter to me what body shape the guitar is. I don't like resting the guitar on my right leg. Even Strat type bodies. The guitar feels like it is going to fall off of my leg, plus upper fret access is limited & more difficult. So the classical position to me is the best sitting position, & obviously works best for my KV.
            Go with the Rhoads, it will be fine for sitting & playing.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

And the best part is the plug stabbing you in the leg... at least on the models with it in the lower wing. Whoever first decided to put the jack there should be beaten to death with a... with a... a herring!

When I get around to refinishing my Avenger I'm definitely moving it to the upper wing.
              |My CSG gallery|
              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

i have a rhoads v and i think its the most comfortable thing to play sitting down. at first it wasnt but now that im used to it i love it! i play all my guitars in the classical position. and just like Hammer1 i find that playing the upper frets is much more comfortable than playing in the "normal" position. oh and just to add to what Quakana said, I am 5' 5" and i find this position comfortable as hell and i always play with my left foot propped up on something, even if it is just my right foot tilted on its side anyways! get the rhoads v you'll most likely acquire a much more comfortable playing position.

Comment

Thanks guys - I was a bit concerned, but I'll try one out and see how it feels. As we're on the topic of flying v's - what would you guys suggest for $1000-1500 CDN - I was looking at either a kevin bonds sig or a RR5. It'd be for metal, as I've got a texas strat for the lighter stuff.
                  ColinMmmmm

Comment

well ive never played a KB rhoads but i hear that they are pretty good. I myself plan on getting an rr5 sometime after christmas because ive played several and everytime i find that they are consistently great players. i love everything about the KB...except the inlays....slap some sharkies on it and it would be mine in a second

Comment

Who the hell plays sitting down anyway? :ROTF:
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I have an RR3 and at first I had the same delemma. I usually like to sit on the floor while playing in front of my amp. At first, after buying the RR3, I thought about what I got into with this and should I keep it. Then I tried it with a strap, shortened up so it pretty much suspends the guitar right above my legs kind of like at the height a strat would be at if it was resting on my leg. I wound up liking it so much I now think my RR3 is one of the best guitars I have and don't regret getting it for a second! The only guitars I like to play more are my 2 late 80's Charvels. And that's with a Les Paul and 2 Fender Strats lying around (and numerous others types and brands!)
                        Guitars:
                        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                        1988 Model 2,
                        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                        RR3
                        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                        2005 SG Special

Comment

I don't find Rr's and Kv's comfortable sitting down
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64
                          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
                            i have a rhoads v and i think its the most comfortable thing to play sitting down.
                            +1. I have two rhoads Vs though .

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
                              remember he was 4ft nothing
                              5'7" to be exact....

I find the "Michael Schenker" squeeze it with your legs style works well for me just like others here have stated.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
                                well ive never played a KB rhoads but i hear that they are pretty good. I myself plan on getting an rr5 sometime after christmas because ive played several and everytime i find that they are consistently great players. i love everything about the KB...except the inlays....slap some sharkies on it and it would be mine in a second
                                The inlays do look much better in real life as on the photos ...that`s what most people say that saw it live
                                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                                X