need a bar for my jt6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a bar for my jt6

is there a bar on the market that will work with this tremelo system? Need to purchase one for my model 3

Re: need a bar for my jt6

If you dont' have already, "upgrade" your trem with a new collar and arm taken from the JT580, JT590 or an OFR. See picture. I think you can buy the collar + arm as parts from Schaller. Much better arm/collar system. If you're lucky you can just swap the two. No drilling or the like. Easy.

This is how it looks like:

Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I had to use an Ibanez bar when I lost my JT6 bar...it's an exact fit, cheap and available anywhere.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I've done it both ways - but it's cheaper to just get an Ibanez trem arm for sure.

Comment

Both the JT6 bar and the Ibanez bar have two plastic bushings on them. I had them replaced on my JT6 on my Model 6 and it still had the wobble, and I even tigthened the nut underneath to make it a little better. The Ibanez bar on my 7-string has no play in it whatsoever and seems better than the one for the JT6. The Model 5A I have now has the retrofitted Floyd collar, but those can also get unwanted play in them at times. I think the pop-in Ibanez system is better.

[ March 17, 2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hehehe...

I HAVE SOME!!! Call me or send me some mail...
            [email protected]

Seitfel and Righties [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I hear you Chris, but doesn't the Ibanez bar have those plastic shims? Mine did on my previous guitars and i got tired of renewing the shims all the time. Wobble wobble.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
              X