New guy with a jackson and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with a jackson and a question

Hi there, been browsing the forum for a while now and thought i should post. About 6 months ago i got a Jackson DX10D dinky and absolutely loving it (apart from the sometimes-annoying floyd rose). My previous guitar was an el-cheapo crappy behringer package guitar. (been playing for about 1.5 yrs) Was so great to go from that - to a great feeling, great playing jackson. Here is a pic of it

Anyway! my question was - how do ESP/LTD guitars feel compared to jacksons? I know that Ibanez guitars feel very, very similar to play compared with jacksons but yeah just wondering if its the same deal with LTD guitars. Contemplating getting an LTD EX-260 for christmas (probably going to go down to a shop and try out some LTDs, even though the shop doesnt have any EX ones, ill have to get it off ebay or something).

Anyway yeah, thanks

Welcome!
    I know how you feel - one of my friends started out on a behringer pack too and it's a piece of shit!

Comment

A 'Behringer Guitar'... that just sounds so wrong! It's two words you can't have in the same sentence.

How about a 'Volvo Tube Amp'?

Welcome!
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I've read repeatedly that the LTD models below "300" are pretty bad, FYI.
        sigpic

Comment

i have jackson and charvel axes and i love them ,but i also have an esp standard sv[like a rr]and it playes and feels fantastic.completely different to my jack/charv.i use it for drop c tuning.
          my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

welcome btw nice axe
            my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

I had an ESP Jeff Hanneman model (not an "LTD"), which in turn was modeled originally after his old soloist, of course. It pretty much played like my SL2H, but had EMGs and a kalher from the factory. I sold it when I stopped playing the SL2H as much as I did not need a backup to a guitar that is not getting played. If I ever get over my current s-head charvel kick, I could see myself buying one again just to have a backup which is the same, but different. Not looking like that is gonna happen any time soon! LOL!
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Cool guys, i went to the shop today and tried out an EX-50 (shitty, i know) but even that felt not too bad to play actually Felt alot like my friends Bc Rich KKW warlock but with a better neck and more comfortable.
                Looks like i will be getting an EX-260 then

Comment

I think the best deal right know is an LTD MH-400 for around $600. It has a set neck, EMG81/85, mahogany with quilted maple top body, binding on body and neck, Grover tuners, 25.5 scale, 24 Jumbo frets, and black hardware.

I have one of these guitars and really love it. It's not a USA Jackson by any means but it is a very nice guitar with allot of extras for the price. The only problem I had was the licensed Floyd tremolo. But I just love OFR. I ended up changing all the hardware to gold including an gold OFR. Get one! You'll love it!
                  Also The Alexi-600 is nice too but priced allot higher (around $900).

Comment

z1n what's up with the trem cavity on that LTD? Where the mounting posts are it looks like the wood color is a red/brown (Mahogany like stated) did the black paint they usually coat these with wear down to the bare wood?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                      z1n what's up with the trem cavity on that LTD? Where the mounting posts are it looks like the wood color is a red/brown (Mahogany like stated) did the black paint they usually coat these with wear down to the bare wood?
                      It did have that black sponge stuff but when I put the Floyd in, it was stopping it from fluttering so I pulled out some of it(just around the posts). You can see what I think is a sealer on the wood. I guess because it has the quilted top, the wood was just sealed and glued the quilted top on maybe? but yea it is like that under the black sponge stuff.

Comment

i have a esp /ltd m-1000. great guitar, similar to jackson. think necks.
                        www.myspace.com/dawnofretaliation
                        Norwegian death metal

Comment

Originally posted by Hubtraacks View Post
                          ... i got a Jackson ... dinky and absolutely loving it ... My previous guitar was an el-cheapo crappy behringer package guitar.

No shit.. i also had a Behringer starter pack guitar!!! and then movet to a Jackson .. DR7 ..

Comment

Working...
                          X