Help ID'ing 3575

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID'ing 3575

Guys....I had posted this thread a little while back later in the thred of my initial "Hello, how ya doing?" thread on the forum. Still trying to get some concrete details on the origin and value of this Jackson for my friend. Could anyone else offer any suggestions? He's running out of time and would like to buy it - but neither him or the seller know the value of it....and it has some odd characteristics to it - supposedly completely original. They want to come up with a price that would be fair for both parties - they are good friends.

Can anyone lend a hand?

And many thanks to the folks who did reply to my initial posts on this one and the Tom Anderson stuff. This is a great place!!!

Terry

Can't help ya - the pics are on Gearpage, which I am banninated from

[edit]
    Hmm, just tried and I can view the thread. Interesting.

Anyhoo, looks like all the info you're going to get is in that thread - '86 Ontario Dinky with what looks like Cream Ghost Flames and originally intended for a JT-6 but ended up with an OFR, which for that time would not be an uncommon Custom Shop request. Basically you could order anything you wanted then, except OFRs were still exclusive to Kramer, so I would assume it was ordered with the custom graphic but everything else standard issue, and the OFR was supplied by the customer, but to save money went with the standard Jackson tremolo posts (since OFRs only had woodscrews at the time, I believe, which would have been an extra charge).

Value depends entirely on the condition of the body in this case. If it's dead mint with no rash/scratches or clearcoat dings, I'd say $600-$700 between friends is respectable.

The back of the neck does not appear to have a very pronounced figure like birdseye, and there's no binding on the head and neck, and it has dot inlays. For a Jackson, those are usually price-reducing features. It's pretty much a rear-loaded, 7/8th-size Powerhouse Strat (H-S-S, Floyd, bolt-on, dots on ebony board).

That's not to say the quality of the guitar is lesser, but among Jackson aficionados, fins and binding draw a bigger crowd because those are upcharge items.

The unique ghost flame job and OFR would counter-balance the low-cost features, however, so again I'd say $600-$700 if it's mint.
    Last edited by Newc; 12-04-2006, 09:37 AM.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X