Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, was Randy Rhoads a big fan of Star Trek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, was Randy Rhoads a big fan of Star Trek?

I can't help but notice the resemblence between the Rhoads V shape and the Star Trek emblem, especially the one seen in the original series and the early 80s movies, which would have been popular about the time Randy came up with his design. I couldn't find anything about this on the Web or herein, so I'm wondering if anyone else has ever considered this.

--Dan
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Gene Roddenberry made some stuff in the 60's that looks like modern items, such as his communicators look surprisingly like todays cell phones.

So no, Randy wasn't a Star Trek fan, Roddenberry just had the insight of knowing the RR V would be a popular design and made his insignia based on that.

Seriously though, I've never read anything about Randy being a Star Trek fan, but have read that he designed it to look like a sharks fin.
    Last edited by St.James; 12-06-2006, 01:35 PM.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I always thought that the RR V was inspired by the Concord Jet. Odd coinsidence that they both ended with a plane crash.

The Roswell Rhoads is closer to the Star Trek stuff than the classic RR V, and has the whole space alien theme.

Comment

I did read in an interview once (can't recall where) that Randy wanted a guitar shaped like the Federation insignia, and that's what the white V was modeled after.

The Roswell was done to resemble the Next Generation insignia.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Cool.
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
              I always thought that the RR V was inspired by the Concord Jet...
              The headstock was.

Comment

Originally posted by Hossman View Post
                I can't believe nobody with photoshop skills hasn't put Randy in this picture yet. C'mon guys!!

Comment

Damnit [Jim]! I'm a guitarist! Not a photographer!

Sorry... I couldn't resist.
                  [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
                    I always thought that the RR V was inspired by the Concord Jet. Odd coinsidence that they both ended with a plane crash.

The Roswell Rhoads is closer to the Star Trek stuff than the classic RR V, and has the whole space alien theme.
                    in fact the rr was previously called the concorde
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCw4Es1ARzY
                    http://www.soundclick.com/milkmen

Comment

Resistance is futile! Sorry just had to add it
                      DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Randy had a penchant for Trains while touring according to Ozzy..Not Star Trek...He was too busy playing/teaching to watch Star Trek before Ozzy...

RIP Randy

Comment

Working...
                        X