Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys I'm new here to the forum, I've been reading it for a while but it took several weeks for the account to actually verify.

A little about myself....today is my birthday too, but thats not important. I've been trying to play guitar for 3 years now (Can never find the time to sit down) and currently do not own a jackson though once I get the money I am going to purchase my dream guitar (Kevin Bond Rhoads). I first started noticing Jacksons when I joined a band with a guitarist that played an RR5 and eventually upgraded to an RR1 earlier this summer. As far as living the dream goes, that currently isn't happening as being a teenager means being broke and deep in debt.

I've owned a few starter guitars and I currently have an Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Cheap but half-decent) and an ESP M-II. I would love a jackson but I just can't seem to get rid of either (especially the ESP).

But thats about it for my first post.

Ibanez sucks.

Originally posted by MaXDGaD View Post

I've owned a few starter guitars and I currently have an Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Cheap but half-decent) and an ESP M-II. I would love a jackson but I just can't seem to get rid of either (especially the ESP).

But thats about it for my first post.

Ibanez sucks.
    Lets see, Epi Classic and an ESP, but Ibanez sucks? glad thats it for your first post!!

Last edited by 777; 12-06-2006, 05:56 PM.
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

welcome, Max. As you may have seen from your browsing of the JCF, owning a Jackson isn't mandatory here - you can always own a Charvel instead

I gather from your post that you've considered selling one of your babies to fund a Jackson. What's that all about? How is your collection ever going to grow if you keep on selling guitars? I need ALL of my guitars
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Man, he signed off fast! I,m sorry I shouldn't have posted that picture............
        "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Our band has had bad experiences with Ibanez, I don't doubt the quality of the Vai models but there are also 2 kids in our school that flat out suck at guitar and both own a Jem and a Horsie. I've seen worse guitar playing but seeing 2 16 year olds make high end instruments look like pieces of garbage is heartwrenching. And as for guitar collections go, being 17 and making $6.50 an hour doesnt really put me in a position to be buying more guitars at the moment.

And as for funding a Jackson, the first time I played my friends RR1 I could feel a huge difference in quality. I have another friend who plays Alexi V's and those are decent but when compared to the jacksons it feels like a lifeless plank of wood, especially the M-II. If summer lasted an extra 4 months or so I wouldve worked enough to cover insurance and a new guitar but that wont be happening anytime soon and that makes me a sad panda.

Comment

there's no rush. Some folks around here waited 10 years or more before they got a Jackson after pining after one while watching their heroes play them back in the 80s. US Jacksons are spendy and not too many 17 year olds can afford one.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
              there's no rush. Some folks around here waited 10 years or more before they got a Jackson after pining after one while watching their heroes play them back in the 80s. US Jacksons are spendy and not too many 17 year olds can afford one.
              Funny thing....the only reason why I don't have one is because I had to set aside around 1400 for my bands PA system. But the friend I wqas talking about bought his RR5 when he was 14, and then a Fender Yngwie Malmsteem signature and an RR1 last year. It just shows that with enough time devoted to mowing lawns and cooking fastfood before having to pay for insurance, a teenager can afford whatever the hell he wants.

My day will come though, then after that I'm pretty sure I have nothing else to live for because I've been pining after a Jackson for quite some time and I probably shouldn't have bought that ESP over the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post

Sweet collection!
                If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                  Man, he signed off fast! I,m sorry I shouldn't have posted that picture............
                  i love that pic,i love jems as much as my charv/jacks,i have a jem too
                  my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

That EVH Jem is really cool!

Comment

Yeah, what is that?

Comment

Welcome...
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Welcome and you will get there. I finally discovered these fine guitars after 39 years of playing the instrument. So, give it sometime.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Welcome
                            Life can be good with right people.
                            Andi Deris

Comment

Originally posted by MaXDGaD View Post
                              but there are also 2 kids in our school that flat out suck at guitar and both own a Jem and a Horsie. I've seen worse guitar playing but seeing 2 16 year olds make high end instruments look like pieces of garbage is heartwrenching.

On that note, you should have put at the end of your first post (Quote) "My friends SUCK at playing guitar" (Not Ibanez/Gibson/etc.. or any other guitar for that matter) It doesn't make a difference what guitar there playing if you/they dont know how to play it, there ALL going to suck! (again my apologys for posting the pic) and welcome.............

Comment

Working...
                              X