Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Hell Is With The New Jacksons!?!?!??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What The Hell Is With The New Jacksons!?!?!??!

K I bought an rr1 a year ago and I’ve had to deal stupid problems that I would think I wouldn't have to deal with a 2400$ guitar! The Wiring is so crapy there isn't enough soldering so the neck pick up cuts out and I’ve had to get the truss rod adjusted because the neck began to bow. It seams that the newer Jackson’s aren't up to the same quality as they used to. I haven’t had to deal with this crap on any of my other guitars and I’m very disappointed with this. I just want my guitar to work well especially if I paid so much damn money for it, I’ve had to get it fixed every six months and its just ridiculous. Like I love jacksons but now i'm loosing my faith in them.

Not to belittle your problems with your axe, but a trussrod is going to need occasional adjustments on any stringed instrument with a wooden neck, regardless of price.

-a

Comment

The wiring is definitely disapointing

As for the truss rod, I live in Buffalo and because of our extreme weather conditions, I need a new setup at least every 6 months on all my guitars.

Comment

I'm sorry that you've had troubles with your Rhoads, but that hardly warrants a blanket condemnation of the quality of all new Jacksons. Now, if you'd had a run of US Jacksons that weren't up to scratch, I could understand.

Did you have the wiring problem addressed under warranty? Assuming that you've had it sorted out, once fixed, did it cease to be a problem?

As the others have said, depending on your climate, the trussrod may need tweaking a couple of times a year as humidity/temperature/etc changes. Are all your other guitars new? Did you buy them locally? Did you buy the Rhoads locally or have it shipped to you? If your Jackson was shipped from interstate (or internationally, since you're right behind me), it would most likely shift as it adjusted to its new environment. If your other guitars were bought new or secondhand from your home town, they mightn't need the same level of adjustment
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          (or internationally, since you're right behind me)
          Whew... what a close call! I thought he was right behind me.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Temp/ humidity changes will move the neck. Thats "normal" for any guitar ant any price as long as it's made of wood...... shipping from dry socal to anything wet will require adjustment by itself.

The wiring, well, that shouldn't have happened. They dropped the ball on that.

Comment

Ive never seen a factory wiring job that was even remotley good... If I produced solder joints at my last job like Jacksons come with, not only would the govt. have given us multiple "cards" but I probably would have lost my job.

Its REALLY not that hard to use the correct heat range tip for a soldering job... they would be amazed if they invested in some GOOD soldering equipment, not off the shelf junk. Not only would it produce better results, it would actually INCREASE production! Trust me, I did it every day for 6 years.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Have you seen the wiring jobs that Gibson does?Its a damn shame.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The only thing worse than a Gibson soldering job is my own.

Comment

I won't mention names, but pretty much every new guitar I've bought has had lousy solder work, including ground loops.

NOTE TO GUITAR MAKERS: Solder ALL grounds to ONE spot and ONE spot only, like the back of the volume pot.
                    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                      I live in Buffalo and because of our extreme weather conditions, I need a new setup at least every 6 months on all my guitars.
                      Yep, for the first few years after getting my SL2H, I would have to adjust the trussrod every Winter and every Summer.

Comment

My new RR1T had problems which I mentioned when I first got it.

The ground wire was hanging inside the cavity. It had never been soldered to the lug on the cavity wall. I fixed that.

4 out of the 8 pickup mount screw holes were stripped or over drilled and the neck pickup was loose on the guitar.

2 of the 3 V plate screw holes were stripped or overdrilled as well as 2 of the pickguard mounting screws.

The ebony board was so dry it was brown.

I fixed this stuff myself and made Vwall aware of the problems so that he may notify Jackson of the issues if he so desired.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPete View Post
                          I won't mention names, but pretty much every new guitar I've bought has had lousy solder work, including ground loops.

NOTE TO GUITAR MAKERS: Solder ALL grounds to ONE spot and ONE spot only, like the back of the volume pot.
                          Amen!

Guitar electronics are my specialty, and it really disheartens me to see some of the lousy soldering jobs inside some of these new "top shelf" guitars! Gibson especially!
                          Whenever I buy a new guitar, first thing I do is open the cavity and check all the connections. Repair as necissary, and then call or email to bitch out the company.

Comment

Some of the best looking cavities I've see lately are on Wayne's. Nice, thick soldering joints and you can tell they were done right the first time. Plus they use a ton of shielding paint.

Comment

I recently received a guitar. When I pulled it out of the box the fucking thing was OUT OF TUNE! WTF? Why should I have to tune a guitar I just got? Totally unacceptable.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X