Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Hell Is With The New Jacksons!?!?!??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
    I recently received a guitar. When I pulled it out of the box the fucking thing was OUT OF TUNE! WTF? Why should I have to tune a guitar I just got? Totally unacceptable.
    Yeah, I received one that was at least 2 cents out. So I DEMANDED the seller refunded me the missing cents...
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
      Yeah, I received one that was at least 2 cents out. So I DEMANDED the seller refunded me the missing cents...
      :ROTF:
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I've always had the most trouble with three-way toggles, versus the blade switches. Current and former Jacksons of mine with toggles - RR2, SL2, TH2 and AT2T - all had problems. Since all of those guitars were `90s models, that points to an ongoing technique or parts problem.

Crappy pre-Fender guitars!
        sigpic

Comment

My Charvel Star I bought back in May from Matt's Music had the volume pot crap out. I got a new one from him through warranty. The wiring and soldering were fine, though.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            My Charvel Star I bought back in May from Matt's Music had the volume pot crap out. I got a new one from him through warranty. The wiring and soldering were fine, though.
            A new Charvel star or a new volume pot?
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Same Star, just new volume pot. And when I had the new pot installed, I took the Duncan Custom 5 out of the bridge and put in a DiMarzio Tone Zone.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

One of my guitars had a similar pickup issue (cutting out). Turned out to be a loose prong on the 3-way switch. I bent it further inwards toward the contact plate and it hasn't given me trouble since.

And I hate to say it but if you paid $2400 for a USA Select you got hosed. Stay away from MF and shop around.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

This same rr1 just had to go in again for repairs. Fret dress and set up costing me 260 bucks, yet another problem with my jackson. I'm very disapointed with the quality of my guitar I don't think i'll ever buy another jackson.

Comment

Ill take a bad soldering joint anyday over the deal (lifting issues for the unfamilar) about the headstock im going thru with my brand new Charvel San Dimas. If I could fix mine I would,probaly have to send it back for refinish
                    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by Brick View Post
                      This same rr1 just had to go in again for repairs. Fret dress and set up costing me 260 bucks, yet another problem with my jackson. I'm very disapointed with the quality of my guitar I don't think i'll ever buy another jackson.
                      Why the fret dress? I wouldn't consider a fret dress and setup to be "repairs" so much as routine maintenance. Depending on your location and climate, you might need to invest in a humidifier or dehumidifier, to keep the humidity fairly constant. Extreme changes in humidity can cause all kinds of neck issues. The local luthier that I take my guitar to for most work keeps his shop at around 40-50% humidity year round.

If that's your only guitar or main guitar and gets a lot of play, needing a fret dress on a 2006 guitar isn't out of the question. I guess it depends on a lot of specific details.
                      sigpic

Comment

Over here at Guitar Showcase, they keep a small aquarium in the room with all the $$$ expensive guitars that are display only.

As for needing a fret dress? I think your setup guy is ripping you off.

If you live in extreme conditions of any sort... cold enough to snow, hot enough to need 24 hour air conditioning, or even more mild... low or extra high humidity areas, you may need to adjust your truss rod 2-3 times a year...

Then again, it depends on how low you have your action set. If you have it set super low, it will need more regular adjustment than one that is set 3mm at the 12th....
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

thats fucked up. the few jacksons ive had have been older, & i never had any problems with wiring. or at least the soldering, pots & switches do go.

Comment

Hasn't Jackson stuff been going down quality-wise since like, '91? Maybe I'm just hating.

Comment

I have to pee 3 or 4 times a day. Sometimes, it even drips a little at the end. The QC on my penis is just totally unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                                I recently received a guitar. When I pulled it out of the box the fucking thing was OUT OF TUNE! WTF? Why should I have to tune a guitar I just got? Totally unacceptable.
                                LOL... Does my JEM come with a year of free spot on tuning? LOL !!

Comment

Working...
                                X