Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Hell Is With The New Jacksons!?!?!??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brick View Post
    i know i need a fret dress. I'd hammer on the 9th fret to the 10th on the high E string and sound wouldn't change. the frets aren't properly leveled.
    That doesn't necessarily mean you need fret work. Neck relief and string height play a roll as well. What is your neck relief?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

"WTF!?!? I play my $2000+ USA Jackson in the sauna all the time and my strings get all crusty and the board warps! This is a serious manufacturing defect and I'll never buy another one!"

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Only if the binding is over the frets, which in reality the binding is nubbed just over the edge of the board and the frets are trimmed just shy of the edge to make it look like the ends are bound.
        Thanks for clearing that up

Comment

That's why I buy cheap guitars. I know. "Shut Up!! fett"
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            "WTF!?!? I play my $2000+ USA Jackson in the sauna all the time and my strings get all crusty and the board warps! This is a serious manufacturing defect and I'll never buy another one!"

Exactly what I think about this thread so far

Comment

as for extremes in tempurature, where I live it snows like hell in the winter, then goes to to 40 celcius in the summer, and I have NEVER had any truus rod problems or even had to adjust anything
              Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                Yes. But they are alternate tunings - it alternates from being in tune to being way out of tune. It depends on how you twist the little knobs and shit on the guitar. There is also a spring loaded gear shifter that affects the tuning, be careful with it though because it pulls right out.
                Cool... An added Gear Shift at no extra charge! Your the man.
                If i were you i would patent that control knob tuning!

Comment

Here is my .02....

I have a couple of pre-fender Jacksons and a BUNCH of FMIC Jacksons,, and I have had 12 USAs come through the store since October...
                  and I honestly can say.. The ones I have had were 9/10 or 10/10...

Sanity Assassin got a SL2H-R that was prolly the finest playing guitar I have ever played... on par with my CS KE2 and my Y2KV that was Dave Mustaines personal guitar.

he sold it and has told me numerous times that he regretted it highly
                  Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I love in Chicago and have never had issues like those mentioned above. Except with a couple of older Ibanez's who's necks twisted. I couldve gotten a fret compansation level to take care of it. But i was just annoyed with the guitar anyway so i dumped it. I have had Jacksons since 92 and i've never encountered issues with necks. he climate here changes daily. sometimes hourly. It was 80 yesturday and today it was 65 and rainy. Tomorrow 80 again. See a trend here? lol My necks dont move. As mentioned previsouly about a store that keeps a fish tank in their hi end display room. I have fish tanks in the main rooms of my apt. It really does make a differance with a steady humidity level. But also like was said earlier. Where you at?
                    The cutting out of the pickup sound slike it could be a bad pot or an issue with the switch more than the pickup wireing itself. And if you know how to solder fix it yourself and dont complain about it. Altho that does void your warranty. And yeah 260 for a fret level and set up is rediculous. Here a fret level is 75 bucks and a set up is about 40. so yeha you go hosed. find a new tech. Or send it to me and ill do it for 260 bucks.. lol
                    Gil

Comment

Except forthe wiring I have to agree that most of the issues you explained are caused by weather conditions. Oddly enough it seemed your first complaint issues & the most recent one were about 6 months apart, which would further confirm what most here have said, & what I am saying now.

Again give us some other info:
                      1. weather conditions/changes including humidity.
                      1. Do you hang the guitar on a wall, set it in a guitar stand or do you put it in a case?
                      1. Did you buy it locally or through mail order?

All I can attest to, is that I have had minimal issues & certainly not workmanship issues w/ any of my Jacksons. Nor have any, that I've tried @ my local stores, had issues that warranted complaining that the manufacturer sucked. I live in Minnesota & at least twice a year I have to have neck adjustments. But I also keep my guitars in their cases when I am not playing them. I believe this helps minimize the weather related problems.

Obviously if you buy sight-unseen/played that only leaves room to be disappointed. I always recommend to buy through a local dealer so you can check it out before you buy. The other option is to make sure you deal w/ a reputtable online dealer. And a 30 day money back guarantee isn't a bad thing to consider when ordering online/through the mail.
                      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

With ALL my guitars I always have to make some serious mainteinance after their first Russian winter. They get significantly drier, so some fret derssing, ebony oiling, etc is always required even for Custom Shop guitars. It's fucking wood and fucking climate.
                        Because I don't say it
                        Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Every guitar I've ever purchased or played needed to be set up before I was happy with it. Every guitar I've owned for more than a year has needed an occasional truss rod adjustment.

Just because a fret isn't ringing out doesn't mean you need to re-dress your frets. Sometimes adjusting the level of your trem or adjusting the bow in your neck will easily fix most problems

The lower you have your action set, the more regular adjustment it will need.

New guitars are set to a medium standard... not especially flat, not extremely bowed, and are adjusted for a standard string height and minimal fret buzz... if you want super low action, you need to remove the bow from the neck as much as possible and lower the trem. To get better sustain and clarity you will want to add bow to your neck and raise the trem to accommodate the fact that if you add bow, a lower bridge will fret out on the higher frets...

Brick, you need to buy a book on how to properly adjust a guitar. You will probably learn that all the problems you are experiencing are because of your ignorance.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

i did adjust the truss rod the frets weren't level. any who this is where i'm getting it done http://www.12fret.com/shop/index.html Do i need to have a set up along with the fret dress? and if i do when you guys were saying that ur frett dresses were like 50 bucks or whatever, did that include the set up? also if any one lives in toronto Ont that knows a good place that isn't this exspensive please give me a hand.

Comment

Working...
                            X