Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson "Super" Dinky

Hi everyone ,
    I bought this guitar 4 years ago and it's in really fine shape . It's taken me almost as long as I've had it to find out what version of Jackson this guitar was . Thanks to your forum and the links that are here to the sites with the old Jackson catalogs on it , I finally figured that part out . My guitar fits every bit of the description of the 1997 Jackson "Super Dinky" in the 1997 catalog . As a matter of fact mine is an exact duplicate of the Blue one pictured in the catalog ... same color and everything except for the fact that the neck on mine is Maple with the Rosewood fretboard . Now that I've figured that out I was wondering what the re-sale of a Jackson Super Dinky is . I can't find them anywhere ... including on eBay . I find the Dinky everywhere , just not the Super Dinky . Anyways , any information would be greatly appretiated .

The Super Dinky, along with a lot of the mid-to-late `90s models, was a bit of an oddball. There was the USA SDK1 and a Japanese SDK2, and I don't think they ever really took off, as was the case with several Jacksons in that period. Your guitar probably wouldn't carry much collector value, simply because it doesn't have the features most buyers look for in a Jackson, such as MOP sharkfins, binding, hot pickups (nothing against the Armstrongs - I like `em), the traditional headstock, and so on. USA or not, you'd be lucky to get $500 based on what I've seen.

That being said, you are still obligated to post pics, whether you knew it or not!
    sigpic

Comment

That being said, you are still obligated to post pics, whether you knew it or not!
      I wanted to Post a pic or two of it , but when I tried it wanted me to insert a URL link and I don't have any pics of it on a web-site .

My Super Dinky is the American version not the Japanese , and Thank you for that info ... they do have a bit of an odd fret board compared to other Jackson guitars ... since it only has 22 frets . But it does still have that sweet Jackson sound that we all know and love .

Comment

Welcome to the forum. The Super Dinkies are cool!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's the site where I found it ... mine looks just like the one on the right , it's that same Blue , but with a Rosewood Fretboard and the Maple Neck , Floyd Rose Tremelo same lock tuning and 22 Frets . If I can figure out how to post a pic I will .

Comment

Originally posted by Delrio View Post
            I wanted to Post a pic or two of it , but when I tried it wanted me to insert a URL link and I don't have any pics of it on a web-site .
            Fast and easy pic hosting here:
            Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

Comment

It's not the best picture (Kind of fuzzy) but I'll try to get a better one .... Thanks Sunbane for that link to the "ImageShack" .

Comment

No problemo, dude!

Comment

Here's a better pic ...

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

The trem looks like a JT580LP in the new pic.
                      sigpic

Comment

The 580 would be Jap would it not?A neck plate pic woud be nice.The USA one in the catalog has an OFR.
                        Last edited by straycat; 12-08-2006, 11:37 AM.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Is it just me or does that lower horn look kinda funky. Could be the angle I guess.

Comment

the shape is kind of odd...it doesnt look like the wings are normal...is that what made it "super"?

Comment

According to the specs it is a smaller Dinky so that would explain the wierd horns.

Comment

Working...
                              X