Charvel Model 4 electronics question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model 4 electronics question

Hello. Am I correct that the Charvel Model 4 has two J200 pickups and one J50BC? I know the guitar has some sort of preamp, but I'm not sure what kind. Is it a JE1200 or something like that? Does anyone know if these pickups and preamps are still available through the Jackson Custom Shop? I'd like to get a custom Warrior with the Charvel 4 electronics.

PS

I tried using the Search feature of this forum but it wasn't working. Does anyone else have that problem?

You are correct about the pickups & preamp for the Model 4. J50BC, 2 J200s and the JE-1200 midboost. As far as I know, you can't order them on new guitars since they are out of production.

Search hasn't been working well for me lately either. It only shows really recent threads, if anything, then I go digging page by page & find the exact thread I was looking for with the exact terms I searched. Not sure what's up, because it used to work great. All I know is that nobody should be ragging on newbs & telling them to use the search, because it isn't working well even when you know the exact terms to use.

Comment

thanks!!!

i guess i'll have to get a Model 4 on ebay or something.

I bought a used model 4 once at Guitar Center for $150 and I returned it because I'm an IDIOT. After all these years I still hate myself for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
        I bought a used model 4 once at Guitar Center for $150 and I returned it because I'm an IDIOT. After all these years I still hate myself for that.
        I agree, you have a very good reason to hate yourself
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
          I agree, you have a very good reason to hate yourself

Comment

Sorry 'bout that, Deadlock. Cheer up now, will ya'? You'll find another 4, but maybe not for $150
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

You can definitely find those pickups for a good price on eBay or here once you have classifieds access. No problem, especially the J200s. The midboost units pop up sometimes too, but to be honest there are better units available that give more of a boost than the 6dB of the JE-1200. But if you really dig that combination of pickups & that preamp I understand.

Comment

I really love the tone of the Model 4 with the middle and bridge pickups together. Is the JE1200 the same as any other active mid boost system? I'm not really sure what "low impedance" pickups means, but I was under the impression that the je1200 was doing more than just boosting the mids. Either way, i'd like to stick to the original jackson electronics simply because I know that i like the tone.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                  Sorry 'bout that, Deadlock. Cheer up now, will ya'? You'll find another 4, but maybe not for $150
                  thanks. there are a few I'm watching on ebay. I'm hoping to get one in that vintage white/cream color.

By the way...did the model 6 and model 4 have the same pickups and electronics?
                  Last edited by Deadlock; 12-10-2006, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
                    thanks. there are a few I'm watching on ebay. I'm hoping to get one in that vintage white/cream color.

By the way...did the model 6 and model 4 have the same pickups and electronics?
                    i beleave they did. i have a model 6 and has the same p/u,electrics,and i had a quick look in the catalog.
                    my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

can someone expand on how these operate? mine has 3x2way switches and the pup config you guys mention... I assumed it was simply on/off?

Comment

Each switch is a pickup on/off. The knobs are Volume, Tone, Midboost.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

the model 6 has the je1200 too or does it have a different preamp like a je1500 or something?

Comment

Same preamp & pickups as the Model 4.

Comment

I have at least 10 model 4's last count...cool axes for the money..

Comment

Working...
                              X