custom shop inlay question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom shop inlay question

supposing you want two different inlay types on the fretboard. in this case: sharkins and piranhas - eg: 12th fret sharkin, 15th piranha, 17th sharkfin, 19th piranha and so on.. would the upcharge be double or single even though the total number of inlays is identical to a 24 fret neck with only one type of inlays?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Dunno - Ask a dealer.

Comment

Well, there'd definitely be a ghey upcharge
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I bet there would be an upcharge because those inlay cavities are cut on a CNC.

Someone would have to Mod the programs to mix both styles together.

But I'm just guessing on the upcharge...

Comment

God forbid anyone cut inlays by hand.

Whatever you do, if you happen to come up with a unique inlay design, make sure you get it copyrighted. Don't let what happened to Zamiale happen to you - his custom Kelly was delayed yet they churned out a custom Charvel with the same inlays in no time.

Kinda weak IMO.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            God forbid anyone cut inlays by hand.

Whatever you do, if you happen to come up with a unique inlay design, make sure you get it copyrighted. Don't let what happened to Zamiale happen to you - his custom Kelly was delayed yet they churned out a custom Charvel with the same inlays in no time.

Kinda weak IMO.
            Then he wound up selling it later anyway on ebay.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Well, there'd definitely be a ghey upcharge

Comment

Working...
              X