No announcement yet.

My dk2m is as good as my USA dk1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey P I K A would you happen to have some pictures of your guitar with the OFR? Thanks

Comment

The high end Jackson imports are awesome guitars... I like some of them more than my USA Jackson too.

Comment

max they are both made of alder yet the dk1 seems a lot heavier and solid. that might not mean its better I just think that it is. overall the dk1 is a better built axe but playability they are equal.

Comment

yeah.. and my squier from one of those start packs feels the same as my dinky 2

If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Yeah,the imports are good.But not that good.

I mean,I have an slsmg.And I played my friend's sl1 today.It was after their gig,so I didn't plug it.But the finish on the neck just felt "very very high quality" and was totally different than the satin black slsmg (the sl1 was a lightning sky one)

Imports are good,that's fore sure.But cosmetically, USA Jacksons kick ass!
            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I've had dozens of USA and import (Japan, India, Korea) Jacksons. There is no doubt that Jackson skimps on hardware/pickups/electronics for the imports, but the wood, fretwork, and construction quality is easily on par (there's no such thing as "on a par") with the USA stuff I've had.

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but after years of comparing 1990 USA to 1990 Japanese Jacksons side by side, as well as recent USA, Japanese, and Indian-made Jacksons one after the other, the major differences I've found were in the hardware, electronics (pickups, pots and other internals), and the paint - all the cosmetic stuff that is easily replaced.

Necks fit in pockets the same, frets are just as nice, etc etc etc.

But I have yet to see an import's clearcoat start breaking off in giant chunks like I've seen on USA headstocks.

Playability is the most important factor of a guitar, and if anybody wants to come by and compare the Halford's playability (WRMG with DK2M neck) to my brand new USA Custom Shop War Angel, you're more than welcome. I guarantee you will not find as great a difference between the two as you think.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc you hit the nail on the head,thats EXACTLY my point. They PLAY the same and thats all that counts. Actually the pickups are now equal and an ofr fits right in as I had this done for 100 dollars more. So basically they're now the same.So why should I spend 1400 on a dk1 when I can get 2 dk2m's for 1400 . Thats my point ,they're not as pretty but these are guitars for playing not hanging on the wall .

Comment

I still have a '95 Dinky reverse that I bought brand new. This has the actual maple top and not the "Gravure " sticker crap or whatever it was. This guitar has been to hell and back way too many times and still plays great. I've bought and sold several other guitars but I always come back to the dinky. It's just fits me, comfortable, solid, and durable as hell. She's not quite the beauty she once was but I'll have it forever. This guitar has sold me on the "more expensive doesn't mean better" motto.

Hell, I finally took the stock pickups out of it this summer and replaced them with some Jeff Beck Duncan's. After the new year an original Floyd might possibly go on. Then I'll keep playing her till she can't take any more.

Here's a pic before the Duncan's were put in.

My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I have a 93 fusion H-H (mahogony) professional Jackson that I just will not let go of.Its beat to hell but its never let me down ever.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                    X