X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Star

what's your opinion on this guitar ?

I already have a Washburn Cluprit and I dig that kinda shape

and I might be looking for a new guitar. Not sure what to get between a Star or a Randy Rhoads or some other guitar

I played Toejam's new Charvel Star. It was very nice. I would not mind owning one myself.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Stars are great guitars. The only knock I can give on them - and it's a minor one, at that - is that upper fret access can be a little hard, esp. if you have big hands.

If you like that general body shape profile, you might want to consider a Kelly, too. They're killer, too. Neck-through, 24 frets, and recessed trem being the biggest differences.

Comment

That's sweet!

There is no cooler guitar than a Star. That is by definition. Really.
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Originally posted by FSU_Seminoles View Post
          Not sure what to get between a Star or a Randy Rhoads or some other guitar
          A Rhoads would be so obvious, wouldn't it? Not that they aren't great guitars, but "everyone" has one these days you know.. Find out if you'll be sitting down a lot or plan playing mostly standing. Not that you can't sit with an RR, but you'll have to angle it a lot.
          I just love the Star design, not everyone has one so you'd be getting a lot of "wow's" just for that
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
            I played Toejam's new Charvel Star. It was very nice. I would not mind owning one myself.
            It is very nice, isn't it? I play it all the time! It sounds even better since I swapped out the Duncan Custom 5 bridge pup to a DiMarzio Tone Zone. I really dig the Duncan Jazz for the neck, though. Stars rule! If I ever order a Custom Shop, it'll be a Star for sure.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
              A Rhoads would be so obvious, wouldn't it? Not that they aren't great guitars, but "everyone" has one these days you know.. Find out if you'll be sitting down a lot or plan playing mostly standing. Not that you can't sit with an RR, but you'll have to angle it a lot.
              I just love the Star design, not everyone has one so you'd be getting a lot of "wow's" just for that
              I once had a RR and it felt great sitting down. I played it like a classical guitar.

Comment

The Star is comfortable sitting down, but the jack location is a pain in the ass, on the lower wing, and the cord can sometimes dig into my right thigh. I just use a right-angled cable on that guitar. I do wish they'd put the jack on the upper wing like on the RR1.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is my guitar.
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

I'm not big on the star...just because the body is rounded and the headstock is pointed. it doesn't match. I'd go for a strat style Charvel before the star, but that's me...

Comment

but then a strat style Charvel's body is rounded, and the headstock is still pointed
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                      X