First post and Avenger pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post and Avenger pics

Hi, all. I picked up this Avenger locally and found lots of great info on Charvels here, so I thought I'd share the pics.

It was badly in need of cleaning and a set-up when I got it. I completely disassembled the guitar, cleaned everything thoroughly, put a Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge position and gave it a good set-up. Plays great, total steal for $160. My next project will be to sand down and oil the neck.

Last edited by c-hawks; 12-17-2006, 01:00 PM.

äss howl

Comment

Welcome c-hawks, nice score. Has the body already been refinished? Looks like it, judging from the pics.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
        Welcome c-hawks, nice score. Has the body already been refinished? Looks like it, judging from the pics.
        Thanks! No, that's the original finish, ferrari red. Are you referring to the silver flake you can see in this pic? I wasn't crazy about the color when I bought it, but I really like it now.

Comment

Nice...It looks really sugar...
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Yeah, the silver flake just looked like a real bad clear coat. Sorry 'bout that, I bet the flash is the reason. How is the trem performing?
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
              Yeah, the silver flake just looked like a real bad clear coat. Sorry 'bout that, I bet the flash is the reason. How is the trem performing?
              I haven't owned a guitar with a floating trem in 5 years for a reason! I thought it would be nice to have one again, but the tuning stability isn't very good. I'm very picky about that, though. I'll probably end up blocking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                Nice...It looks really sugar...
                Thanks, Special-K!

Comment

I've heard that those trems aren't very good - and that they are single locking(?). It would probably have been a totally different playing experience with a JT590 Schaller Floyd or an OFR on there.

The guitar looks really nice though! And that is a very dark rosewood board!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                    I've heard that those trems aren't very good - and that they are single locking(?). It would probably have been a totally different playing experience with a JT590 Schaller Floyd or an OFR on there.

The guitar looks really nice though! And that is a very dark rosewood board!
                    Yes, it's a single locking trem. Nice for string changes, but not for holding tune. They did use a very nice piece of rosewood.

Comment

Welcome...

Great guitar u have there

Comment

Nice looking axe. Allmost got one like that myself of ebay recent, but it was a little bit overpriced.

I love the ferrari red colour.

Comment

Nice looking guitar - looks to be in great condition. Congrats. And nice avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                            Nice looking guitar - looks to be in great condition. Congrats. And nice avatar!
                            Rÿche & Roll!

Comment

The trem is utter crap. I have just picked up a replacement for my Avenger off the Bay, just need to fit it now.
                              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Working...
                              X