Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are my purchase options on a "designer guitar"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my purchase options on a "designer guitar"?

My most excellent JCF dudes...

Excuse my noobie ignorance (again) but i don't know as much about Jackson finishes and options across MIJ and USA models as I would like too.

Below is a design for a guitar i fancy getting sometime in the future.

Bearing in mind im in the UK, who do i go to for a quote on a guitar like this. Does the purple flame top exist? Could i get a made in USA jackson from a dealer in england with that finish and those options (reverse headstock and strings through body).

I think i'd want to get two prices...one for a MIJ version and then a USA soloist or something like that, or possibly a DK2M - but as i said i am not sure what finishes are available on what guitars or even if i can get a similar guitar that is available in a finish like that already...

Cheers in advance.

That guitar you pictured above doesn't exist in the current USA or Import catalog.
    You would have to go Custom Shop. Very Pricey.
    You can search ebay, but I've yet to see a purple flame top. I've seen purple quilte maple tops though.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Daywalker View Post
      My most excellent JCF dudes...

Excuse my noobie ignorance (again) but i don't know as much about Jackson finishes and options across MIJ and USA models as I would like too.

Below is a design for a guitar i fancy getting sometime in the future.

Bearing in mind im in the UK, who do i go to for a quote on a guitar like this. Does the purple flame top exist? Could i get a made in USA jackson from a dealer in england with that finish and those options (reverse headstock and strings through body).

I think i'd want to get two prices...one for a MIJ version and then a USA soloist or something like that, or possibly a DK2M - but as i said i am not sure what finishes are available on what guitars or even if i can get a similar guitar that is available in a finish like that already...

Cheers in advance.
      That would be my dream guitar too, only difference would be I would want a Floyd trem and a non-reversed headstock. I LOVE that color. Not enough purple guitars around.
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Yeah, there's nothing exactly like that available as a std model.

There are plenty of dealers in the US who'll help out on international Custom orders (Matt is a damn fine place to start), and if you need to keep the costs down, maybe order one through the JacksonStars 'limited custom option' facility (in Japan).
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
          That would be my dream guitar too, only difference would be I would want a Floyd trem and a non-reversed headstock. I LOVE that color. Not enough purple guitars around.
          Yer i thought about the Floyd, but i've blocked it off in my Dinky Archtop, so i figured it best to go for the sustain that a through the body offers.

I'd go for a floyd trem and non-reversed headstock if it meant getting it in that finish!

Comment

if you want to keep local, don't forget that jackson is now part of the FMIC.
            so any fender dealer should be able to help you out.
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Yeah, there's nothing exactly like that available as a std model.
              Just had a look at the Jackson 2006 catalog scans (btw can i get a paper catalog from somewhere..?) and some of the finishes on the SL3's are quite nice. Trans blue flametop with matching headstock for one. There does not seem to any purple at all though

Maybe in years to come Jackson will do a std purple model...

Comment

PC1 is offered in Purple Daze, a trans purple burst over quilted maple. Killer guitars. The rest of the PC1's specs are quite different than what you've got pictured, though.

Comment

I like purple guitars. I've an Sl2H Interference Fireglo guitar that looks purple most of the time. That mock up you made is a very nice axe.

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                    I LOVE that color. Not enough purple guitars around.
                    +1
                    Finally someone with good taste.

Comment

If you want to save a ton of money, maybe get a DKMGT. It's a stringthru flame-top dinky, but it doesn't come in trans purple.

you guys who like purple, what do you think of this http://www.onlinestagegear.com/brand.../Bich/Bich.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
                        you guys who like purple, what do you think of this http://www.onlinestagegear.com/brand.../Bich/Bich.jpg

Purple reign, purple reign ...

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
                          The colour is alright, but the guitar...
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

some of the 90's jacksons were trans purple. some with flame top some quilted. I have never seen an usa select in trans purple but they were in the catalog. The quilt tops came with dot inlays and matching headstocks and looked very pink. I have 2 of the flame tops(not for sale) a 93 and 96 I bought off of ebay in the past year only seen one other flame top though in the past couple of years. Ibanez has there rg320dx qm or fm flame top now and quilt in 03-04, or there rtg42dxfm(neck thru)
                            good luck on your search.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                              PC1 is offered in Purple Daze, a trans purple burst over quilted maple. Killer guitars. The rest of the PC1's specs are quite different than what you've got pictured, though.
                              +1 Purple Daze Yeah!
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X