Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are my purchase options on a "designer guitar"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neilli View Post
    Yeah, there's nothing exactly like that available as a std model.

There are plenty of dealers in the US who'll help out on international Custom orders (Matt is a damn fine place to start), and if you need to keep the costs down, maybe order one through the JacksonStars 'limited custom option' facility (in Japan).
    That's what I thought as well... try ordering a JacksonStars semi-custom. Your design is very basic except for the colour, it shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg to get it done.

You basically take an existing production model from the JacksonStars catalog but add your modifications.
    The SL-J2B would be appropriate:

Only modifications would be the reverse headstock and the finish.

You would have to order it through a japanese dealer (I ordered mine through Ishibashi). Since purple isn't listed as an available finish, they'd have to check if it is possible.
    However I got my RR-J1B in trans-green as well without problems, though that one isn't listed either.

If you think that is an option for you, do a search in the import forum for "Jackson Stars" to learn more.
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

i've seen an AT-1 on sale localy (went for around 1200) though it wasnt realy purple, it looked purplish.. but it had diferent inlays and the pointy 3+3 headstock.. and not realy string through.. so i doubt it's something you were looking for =P
      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Carvin.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The miniscule amount of extra sustain between stringthrough and trem is immeasurable. You're playing Metal, I presume? Lots of High Gain amps?
          Trust me when I say you will not notice any difference in sustain between a trem and non-trem model **as long as it is set up properly**

And you can always get an existing flametop stringthrough model in Natural and have it refinished.
          Last edited by Newc; 12-20-2006, 04:40 PM.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Carvin doesnt do the point headstock or sharkfins.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8boardbob2 View Post
              Carvin doesnt do the point headstock or sharkfins.
              Carvin will still do the second version of the pointy headstock, just not the Jackson-style headstock. They have a lot of "hidden" options they don't list on their site or in the catalog.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X