Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vito is still alive but nobody mentions him...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vito is still alive but nobody mentions him...

What happened to Vito?. Why is history forgetting him?. I die to see him play again!

Re: Vito is still alive but nobody mentions him...

actually I was thinking and I realize now that I should have posted this thread on a different forum since Vito Bratta didnt play a Jackson (that I know of)... sorry. Anyways I would like to know what happened to him and if he has produced recently anything that I can listen to!

Comment

Last I heard, he was sitting all day in front of his computer with a donut in each hand........

Comment

Vito has forgotten the music world - the music world hasn't forgotten him. He quit. He was asked to make a return and refused. Mike Tramp has talked at length about it and how Vito has been given every oppurtunity to play again, but doesn't want to.

You don't hear much on this board (or any other for that matter) because he wasn't a Jackson endorsee.

Comment

Last I heard about Vito was in a Guitar World article and it stated that he was having some kind of hand problems.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

I kinda forgot about White Lion after their first album Fight To Survive. That album ruled, but the rest of their stuff was kind of bland and just run-of-the-mill stuff like a lot of '80s bands. Mike Tramp, on the other hand, did some great stuff with Freak of Nature. Too bad that band didn't last more than two albums. It would be nice if Vito got together with Mike, but that won't likely happen.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

While I didn't scrutinize the technicality of White Lion's songs, all I got from Vito was that he was an EVH clone with a hint of Lynch. Not even a remotely original style, IMO, and hardly one that should be missed.
              The guy simply didn't do anything for me.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i hear ya newc....imo, a talented guy who had no real personal style.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I've never understood why he isn't more popular than he is, I thought his stuff was great. His soloing seemed so much more melodic to me than evh's stuff. I truely hope he does some more work one of these years.

This "forum" was the only place I found with any info on him: http://amazingforums.com/forum/WHIELION/forum.html

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                    i hear ya newc....imo, a talented guy who had no real personal style.

sully
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You could say the same thing about Ace Frehley.... though some would debate the
                    "talented" part.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I can see the whole Eddie clone based on Pride, but he definately became much more fluid and had all the tastiness of somebody like Don Felder by the time Big Game came out. I heard about the hand problems and working on computers in Staten Island. Also, I heard he's very bitter about the whole music scene. Having said that the last thing anyone needs is a White Lion reunion.

Comment

I kinda dig(dug)Vito. No reason in particular. I won't bash him or any other guitarist either. I figure, far be it for me or any other half wit, wanna be, or barely made it to crap on someone who did.
                        The Buzzard does not fear
                        The man in riot gear
                        Harvest a skull of stone
                        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Vito was a tasty player, very melodic. Sure, you could hear the Van Halen influence, but he came across to me as having alot more formal musical training than Ed. Too bad he's not making music anymore.

Comment

I remember reading that when Vito was on the road, all he listened to was Eddie tapes. I thought Vito's playing was more controlled where Eddie (when he was good) was completely off the rails. I liked Vito's playing enough that I endured Tramp's "singing" and those awful songs to hear his licks. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Personally, I think that the solo to "Little Fighter" is one of the most beautiful guitar pieces ever recorded. I rank it up there with Cliffs of Dover and Eruption. If you haven't heard it, do yourself a favor.
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                              X