Custom Charvel vs. Custom Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Charvel vs. Custom Jackson

After seeing Newc's threads about how he ordered 2 custom shop Jacksons with bolt-on necks for almost the same price as one custom neck thru, I've been wondering: Are the Charvels similarly priced? I don't want anyone posting prices, because I know that's against the rules. I was just wondering would a bolt-on Jackson custom shop be the same as a bolt on Charvel custom shop? And would the strathead option make much of a difference?
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Generally speaking, custom shop Charvels are a bit less costly than custom shop Jacksons. That's assuming both guitars are spec'd similarly. And, yes, even bolt-on vs. bolt-on, the Charvel should less expensive. The strathead option is a $300 (full list price) upcharge, and is only available on custom Charvels.

Note however: All of that is based on the last publically-available price lists. With summer NAMM '06, J/C removed custom shop list prices from both the Jackson web site and the Charvel price list, so we're all pretty much left guessing how guitars are getting priced now. And some pricing structures seem to have changed since then, too.

Comment

Get a Custom Shop neck-thru Strathead Charvel!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Get a Custom Shop neck-thru Strathead Charvel!
        they do neck-thru Charvels?
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

They probably doanything if you have the cash

Comment

Gets me thinking...maybe they'll do a neck-thru Charvel Avenger?

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input. I was just wondering because it's always seemed to me the new Charvels are overpriced. A USA Fender deluxe strat runs about $1350, and a 1 hum Charvel pointy is several hundred dollars more in most places. You'd think they'd be less, especially since FMIC owns Charvel. As for custom shop pieces, I would expect to pay more absolutely, but we're still talking about a relatively stripped down bolt-on guitar; unless there's an insane graphic or crazy options, it seems they shouldn't be that expensive.
              My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                they do neck-thru Charvels?
                Yes. You could always get a Charvel logo on any guitar ordered through the Custom Shop... even before they brought back the official Charvel line.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X