Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's better Charvel 475 Deluxe or Jackson Soloist 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's better Charvel 475 Deluxe or Jackson Soloist 3?

so like the question :
    What's better Charvel 475 Deluxe or Jackson Soloist SL3? (made in japan too)

the Jackson Soloist with Changes : (I don't know how to spell all of those so forgive me :> )
    Bridge pickup - Dimartziu evolution
    Neck pickup - Seymour Duncan Hot Rail

The Bridge Changed to - Ibanez Edge from the 90'

Well what do you think ?
    Who's better?
    who would you take?

Here is the picture of the Jackson -

Last edited by Farkoson; 12-25-2006, 11:16 AM.

I don't know. Depends on their condition.
    Sounds like the soloist has been modded to hell and back. Edge trem?!? I mean, wtf???
    The 475s are very good guitars, but the same applies there: Is it in good condition?

Comment

They Both in very good condition...
      so who is better?
      Last edited by Farkoson; 12-25-2006, 11:20 AM.

Comment

At this point it's a matter of personal preference. The SL-3 has 24 frets vs the 475 having 22. The SL-3 is neckthrough, the 475 is a bolt-on, and there's no measurable difference in sustain between the two as long as they are both set up properly.

Both have H-S-S, locking trem, rosewood fretboards, but you could probably sell the SL3 for a few dollars more than the 475, but that may not always be true.

I'd say get the 475 simply because it's from a time when Japanese-made guitars were very close to the USA-made models, and because if anything ever happens to the neck (headstock breaks, etc) you can replace it with another one (or if you wanted a reverse headstock, maple board, etc etc).

Those are the major points to me, but I'm not the one buying. If you can, buy both and compare them side by side till you figure it out.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Omg ,
          Thanks for the comment .

did you noticed about the pickups?
          and what about the Bridge?

Comment

Pickups and bridge are irrelevant IMO - they can be easily swapped out.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

but if i compare the pickups and bridge
              who is better?
              sorry i'm asking too many questions
              I'm in a big dilema

Jackson Soloist SL3
              or
              Charvel 475 Deluxe

I don't think i'm going to change the pickups or anything in both of the guitars if I'll buy...

Comment

It's impossible to tell which is "better". They are both good guitars. Just a little different.

I would say that straight from the deal the soloist is better, what with the Duncan/DiMarzio Pickups. But like Newc said, you can easilly swap them at any time. The stock pickups in the 475 are good, but not quite as nice as some good aftermarket pickups IMO. You can get a great 80's sound out of the stock pups. If you want a more modern tone, I guess the soloist fits the bill better.

Performance-wise, there is no big difference. You have two more frets on the soloist. If you play stuff that requires 24 frets, that's the guitar to get. The soloist probably also has a little nicer high fret access, but that should be a rather minor issue (how often do you play that high up on the neck?).

As for the trem, the soloist has an upgraded trem. The Ibanez Edge should be a lot better than what came stock on the soloist. The stock trem on the 475 was great from the beginning, so if it's in good shape, it should be just as good.

If you care about looks, definitely pick the 475, It has neck binding and real Mother of Pearl inlays (looks way better than the plain-jane soloist). And it can rock with the best of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                  It's impossible to tell which is "better". They are both good guitars. Just a little different.

I would say that straight from the deal the soloist is better, what with the Duncan/DiMarzio Pickups. But like Newc said, you can easilly swap them at any time. The stock pickups in the 475 are good, but not quite as nice as some good aftermarket pickups IMO. You can get a great 80's sound out of the stock pups. If you want a more modern tone, I guess the soloist fits the bill better.

Performance-wise, there is no big difference. You have two more frets on the soloist. If you play stuff that requires 24 frets, that's the guitar to get. The soloist probably also has a little nicer high fret access, but that should be a rather minor issue (how often do you play that high up on the neck?).

As for the trem, the soloist has an upgraded trem. The Ibanez Edge should be a lot better than what came stock on the soloist. The stock trem on the 475 was great from the beginning, so if it's in good shape, it should be just as good.

If you care about looks, definitely pick the 475, It has neck binding and real Mother of Pearl inlays (looks way better than the plain-jane soloist). And it can rock with the best of them.
                  sorry i'm asking but
                  aftermarket pickups IMO

What is that means?

Comment

In my opinion=IMO.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hi Newb

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

you crack me up dude... LOL
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

:\

Comment

I would buy the 475. It's a Charvel. But I tend to be a bit of a Charvel snob.

Comment

Sunbane gave you a really good answer. I totally agree with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X