Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help on Charvel EVH

Hi everyone,
    I bought my son a Charvel EVH series guitar for Christmas, he noticed that everytime he uses Floyd Rose tremelo, the guitar will becomes out of tune. Is he doing something wrong or is there a special way to keep it tuned while using the tremelo?

Make sure the top nuts are locked. Mine wasn't when I first got it..........
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
      Make sure the top nuts are locked. Mine wasn't when I first got it..........
      Do you just simply turn those screws by hand after tuning?

Comment

Sorry, I do see that you use the allen wrench tool, how tight should I do it?

Comment

No too much. Snug fit will do it.
          Just like any other OFR axe, tune the guitar after giving the strings a good stretch, all this while the three nut locks are wide open.
          After you get it to a point where you are happy and it is pretty tunning stable, observe the fine tuners on the bridge assembly.
          I like to have them about half way through the screw so I can tune either way.
          After that, lock the nut pieces (all three) and voila, you should be ready to go.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Personally, I would play it very lightly until everything got worked in. Even I, the cheap guitar guy, would go to a reputable tech and get it set up. Great gift.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Don't know about playing it lightly, he's only 11 yr old and he's been jamming on it like crazy. I know what you all are thinking (11 yr old), but he plays like a pro already (Joe Satriani Alway with me, Metallica, Van Halen, Guns N Roses). This Charvel guitar sounds awesome and compliments his gear, which includes a Gibson SG, Marshall DSL50, 1060AV, EVH Phase 90, EVH Flanger, and Cry Baby pedals. Thank you all for your input!

Comment

could you adopt me?

Comment

Originally posted by AzPilot View Post
                  could you adopt me?
                  Yeah, me too!
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                    Yeah, me too!
                    dont forget me
                    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

There are lots of threads about OFRs and how to set them up that should help.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Damn,Wish I could have that kinda gear, it's good you're encouraging him with good gear though, sounds like he's making good use of it. I just got a DSL-50 myself, damn nice amp.

Comment

"You're the bestest dad ever!"

Comment

Wait until he finds a bunch of 13 year old groupies.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

A~
                              All hail the 'King'
                              R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Working...
                              X