No announcement yet.

Please Help on Charvel EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will post some pics later, but what is the best way for stretching the strings? Sorry but we are new to OFRs.

Comment

Pull on them a little. String bends, too.

Comment

Just grab the suckers and pull then up about 3/4 of an inch about 10 times. But make damn sure they are firmly secure in the trem. Flying strings are no fun at all. In other words, turn your head away.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

As promised, here's a photo of my 11 year old rocker. He saw Van Halen during the 2004 tour when he was 9 yrs old and has been hooked on EVH since then.

Last edited by kaduku; 12-25-2006, 11:26 PM.

Comment

What marshall head is it ?

NICE GEAR

(Goes and learns how to play the guitar)

Comment

Originally posted by VEGETATHEPUPPET View Post
              What marshall head is it ?

NICE GEAR

(Goes and learns how to play the guitar)

It's a DSL 50. After reading user reviews, especially on the Marshall forums, My son and I decided the DSL 50 had the sound he was looking for and had more than enough power. I've also heard some preferred the 50 over the DSL 100. This amp is freakin loud, due to our high vaulted ceiling, which magnifies the sound a bit, we are only able to raise the volume to 2.5 before the whole house starts shaking. The tone is amazing. We plan to change the tubes in a few months to make the sound even better.

Comment

Originally posted by kaduku View Post
                As promised, here's a photo of my 11 year old rocker. He saw Van Halen during the 2004 tour when he was 9 yrs old and has been hooked on EVH since then.

Wow I saw this pic and I just had to laugh and think about how times have changed....

Here's a pic of myself in '88. I was 17 and here's my first guitar and amp. An Ovation electric guitar and a Gorilla amp

*sigh*

Notice the difference??

Oh yeah I believe it has something to do with crappy gear!!!

Comment

its alright we have to start somewhere... others get a better start than most ..............damn him
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                    Wow I saw this pic and I just had to laugh and think about how times have changed....

Here's a pic of myself in '88. I was 17 and here's my first guitar and amp. An Ovation electric guitar and a Gorilla amp

*sigh*

Notice the difference??

Oh yeah I believe it has something to do with crappy gear!!!
                    LOL! Even the carpet is pure 80s....My parents couldn't even afford to get anything during my time.

Comment

Carpet & paneling! Looks like the basement.. err.. practice room at every house I jammed at in the 80's.

Your son has a nice rig and gear. Dad has set the standard for him at an early age. It will take a seriously rich sugar mama before he leaves the nest now. I'd prepare yourself to be hearing Eruption for the next 20 years!

Comment

While we're sharing.......

Sammy Hagar red Nikes - $30

Fender Squier Bullet - $90

66 Chevelle w/Cragars that doesn't run - $400

a pic from '85 with your bro and his pretend EVH I made for him - priceless

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina View Post
                          Carpet & paneling! Looks like the basement.. err.. practice room at every house I jammed at in the 80's.

This was taken in the living room at Mom's house....

No basements in south Louisiana...

Love the pic. Much respect for the Cragars!!

Comment

While we're sharing.......

Sammy Hagar red Nikes - $30

Fender Squier Bullet - $90

66 Chevelle w/Cragars that doesn't run - $400

a pic from '85 with your bro and his pretend EVH I made for him - priceless
                            That is truly a priceless photo! Does he still have that pretend EVH?

Comment

It's long gone, along with the little Mathias Jabs Explorer I made too. I wish I still had them.

Comment

It's long gone, along with the little Mathias Jabs Explorer I made too. I wish I still had them.
                                Thats too bad, at least you still have the photo

Comment

Working...
                                X