No announcement yet.

Please Help on Charvel EVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice rig with the mxr pedals. My first guitar was a Hondo explorer that I played through my old tube stereo. Lucky kid!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Thats pretty cool, the kid gets the EVH Charvel with Marshall 1/2 stack while dad's "rig" in the background consists of an SG and teeny amp

Rudy
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        Thats pretty cool, the kid gets the EVH Charvel with Marshall 1/2 stack while dad's "rig" in the background consists of an SG and teeny amp

Rudy
        www.wickedrocks.com

Sorry Rudy, that stuff belongs to him too. The small Marshall he uses to his guitar club at school. I was the first one about two years ago who attempted to learn to play, then my son who was 9 yrs old at the time decided he wanted to play too, I could only afford one guitar lesson class, so he started taking it, and the rest is history. I have given up since then. Maybe drums might be in my future lol!

Comment

At least he is getting the good stuff. My first axe was an old SG through a Lab Series L3 amp. Things have changed and now among my guitars is a Charvel R/W/B like in the picture and I've played it out live with my band a couple gigs. Its plays nice and definetly has a different sound than my Jacksons. Your son is lucky to have such a good guitar and thats a good thing. Many youngsters get a cheap, poorly set up guitar as a "beginer's guitar" only to get discouraged from playing because it plays so poorly.
          Hope he enjoys it

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            Nice website Rudy!

Comment

I'll never have that gear!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
                I'll never have that gear!
                Never say never man!

Comment

Well... He maybe will have it...

But won't...

But its not the gear that is important

In music there is no money, there is only respect

Comment

Nice! I vote you Father of the YEAR!

Comment

That`s some mighty fine gear your son has got. After my wife gives birth to our first child in April if he or she decides to play guitar he or she will get some nice gear(I hope)Hey Kaduku , where about in the Bay Area are you?

Comment

Originally posted by WarrenLeeLynch View Post
                        That`s some mighty fine gear your son has got. After my wife gives birth to our first child in April if he or she decides to play guitar he or she will get some nice gear(I hope)Hey Kaduku , where about in the Bay Area are you?
                        Thanks everyone for the kudos for giving my son the gear, I was afraid that peeps might say that it was too much for a kid. He is not exactly a pro like I said before, well he is too me at least, you be the judge, I have a few videos of him on youtube.com, just seach for "jpacheco". Remember he has only been playing for a little over 2 years.

Warren, I am in Concord.

Comment

Nobody should have to be concerned with having "too good" gear. Heck, my parents were pretty well off and I started working extra pretty young... so I always had pretty cool gear for my age/skill level. If someone can afford something and thinks its cool, they should go for it. I mean, it´s not like an average-skilled driver would catch flack for driving a Ferrari, and neither would a guy who isn´t a professional chef but has a fancy kitchen at home.

Comment

Being a dad and all and an old fart as well, just a little word of advice. It's his guitar. Don't have a heart attack when it gets its first ding.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Woot! more Bay area peoples. What we got now 10? That is almost justification for a gear party =) BTW Dad, you play too?

-Nate
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                                Being a dad and all and an old fart as well, just a little word of advice. It's his guitar. Don't have a heart attack when it gets its first ding.
                                I have prepared myself already, and I do encourage him to play as much as he likes. I know it will happen eventually, all I ask of him is to not sell it and maybe pass it on to his son (or daughter).

Comment

Working...
                                X