Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflex pickups

can anyone give me a lowdown on these?

i had a H/S set in my charvel fusion deluxe, when i got it.
    they have a blue dot on the bottom and the humbucker has two stickers, one says SH and the other 1042 or I042. the single coil sticker is damaged and i can only see I0 on it.
    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

In looking at a boxed set of Reflex pickups I have, the two letters on the stickers are the initials of the person that checked it, and the number is a registration number. This is also verified by a Quality Check paper included with the set that has a checklist and then "Checked by" LB and "Registration" 8017. So the stickers really don't tell you anything.

A couple of my singles have a red dot with a black marksalot line thru it, the rest don't have any colored dot.

Reflex made a couple different types. I believe the normal Reflex (maybe the "silver series") have the reflex name on the pickup in sliver with a silver dot following the name. The "Reds" have the dot in red following the silver Reflex name. I can't remember, but I think the reds are higher output.

These were made in England and I recall Jackson/Charvel buying the company in the early 90's. The Reflex company isn't around any more to the best of my knowledge.

Here's the instructions:

Comment

Yup what Mountaindog said. and yes the reds are a hotter output. Searing output really. Almost too hot. Nahhh no such thing.. lol
      Gil

Comment

the silver/red series .. we're talking about the front face of the pup?

if so, mine are the silver series (wonder what the blue dot on the back is though)

thanks for the info. and thank you for the instructions .. i'm not looking to put them into a guitar at this point, but they might come in handy.
        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Yeah, front face

Comment

Working...
          X