7-string question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-string question

For those with a 7-string (Floyded or not), could you measure the width of the neck at the last fret (22 or 24) and post it here?

If you have a pic of the string spacing along the neck (distance of the outer strings from the edge), that'd be great as well.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I measured my Ibanez, nevermind.
    Last edited by max; 12-31-2006, 03:47 PM.

Comment

An Ibanez would be fine, I just need something to compare to mine to see if the neck was made too narrow or if it's another issue entirely.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I see. My two Ibz 7-strings are both 2.5 Inches (6.4 cm to be more precise).

Comment

problem with the warrior??
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I have 4, all are 24 fretts, all are 2.5 inches. (Or VERY close to 2.5 inches...) The string spacing depends on the bridge (obviously). (They don't show up here, not sure why, but you should be able to view them at the links...)

1st: Jackson Custom Shop KV-7 (String thru, tunomatic style bridge)

2nd: Jackson Custom shop Soloist-7 (Floyd)

Next: Abyss Les Paul-7 (Floyd)

Last: Abyss Custom-7 (Tunomatic)
            Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
              problem with the warrior??
              You could say that...

Charlz - Thanks for the pics. Mine is also 2.5" at the 24th fret (OFR7), but it looks like my Low B is farther away from the edge of the board than yours (it can certainly go a bit closer).

However, now that I'm off work and have more time to examine it, look at this (large pic):

Notice the edge of the Floyd is almost touching the side of the cavity?

Comment

On that pic the e-string looks so far off that one actually couldnt use it. Is it really this bad?

Comment

WOW and thats a "custon shop"... Maybe the floyd holes were drilled on a monday. It looks like the floyd post holes arent drilled in the right place. Its a good thing you didnt have to wait a long time for it. :ROTF: I hope it can be corrected .

Comment

That looks terrible in that pic!!!! I'd be sending it back!!! Kinda bummed about the custom shop... On my KV they pulled a fast one on the truss rod cover, (Put some huge chunk of plastic on, looked like it came from the garbage can,)which was purely asthetics, (and them trying to cover up a flaw,) but that looks un-playable... I'd be pissed.
                    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I loosened the neck bolts and pulled the neck sideways. It's good now but the edge of the pocket is visible from the top, which means it was definitely made that way (try doing that on a neckthrough!).

I'll hang onto it and see if it slips back out under normal use. I don't gig, so there's no chance of it being bumped in transit, but if it slips out of place again, it's going back.

Comment

Damn, that's a bummer... on the photos you can also see that the strings don't align properly with the pickup polepieces. So the main problem seems to be the floyd holes.

But I'm really surprised to hear that you were able to pull the neck SIDEWAYS!
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

OMG ....

On my DR7 its 6,3 cm

Comment

hmmmm,,,,,the QC guy on that one fucked up....that sucks Matt ,i hope she stays aligned for good . one post struck me though i wonder if it was measured for and placed for a T.O.M. bridge? like it was laid out for the neck pocket first and was routed for the floyd at a much later date.

....and i knew the plate looked crooked
                            sorry bro, i hope you get it all taken care of, no one should have to have issues with a new C.S.

MMOSH ON
                            DAVE
                            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

With as many guitars as they build, you'd surely think they could get the floyd in the right spot wouldn't you? Man, sorry to see that Matt. It's pretty bad when a $130.00 "First Act" guitar from Wal Mart has better fit than a USA custom.
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X