Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got my first Jackson the otherday(large pics, 56k beware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice score, the more time goes on the rarer those colors will become, many get repainted. Looks like a player!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

sweet axe.. and looking at the guitar gives me 80s flash back. when bands had awesome concerts.... in big staduims... not club stuff like they do today...

nice score...

Comment

finally got it restrung...had some trouble getting my 50 guage low E string in, but i managed to get it in, goodthing im not gonna get anything thicker then that!!

also what model and what cam and saddles are on this kahler??

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
        Sweet guitar!

hay sanc, nice to see you!

Comment

Hey mate. Looks like the early "Patent Applied For" 2300. Either way, the 2300 didn't change much until recently. How are the rollers? Did you manage to free them up?
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

yup, a nice bath in 3 in 1 house hold oil freed them up in no time! unfortunatly the locking nut is shot and needs to be replaced, but thats all.

so is it brass rollers and cam?

Comment

Yep. What's wrong with the nut? Are the plates grooved?

Comment

A very cool guitar I must say.

Comment

Yep. What's wrong with the nut? Are the plates grooved?
                  yes, very much, i dont really have a problem on the lower 3, but the upper 3 are always coming out of tune because of the grooves.

Comment

Originally posted by slaytalera View Post
                    yes, very much, i dont really have a problem on the lower 3, but the upper 3 are always coming out of tune because of the grooves.
                    Have you tried reversing them (so the grooves are on the opposite side)? Cheaper than replacement!

Comment

It would be a crime to refin that guitar! I would play that on stage no probs at all - sure beats some shoe-gazer with a Fender Jaguar covered in duck tape!!!!!!

\m/
                      Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
                        Dude, the 80`s called and they want their guitar back!!!!!

Congrats!!!!

:ROTF:
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Have you tried reversing them (so the grooves are on the opposite side)? Cheaper than replacement!
                          its not actually the blocks, its the top part of the lock. pic later

Comment

Originally posted by slaytalera View Post
                            its not actually the blocks, its the top part of the lock. pic later
                            I've seen that happen....how deep are the grooves? Those can be trued up with a little time, t.l.c. and a small dremel bit at low speed first then with a small buffer bit at high speed. All in all Nice axe bro....I love the fact that there's white/silver sparkle just inside the binding on the headstock! SWEET!!!!!! Nice vintage Jagermeisterred sticker on the case too....looks like you got a great deal. Play her with pride!
                            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                              I've seen that happen....how deep are the grooves? Those can be trued up with a little time, t.l.c. and a small dremel bit at low speed first then with a small buffer bit at high speed. All in all Nice axe bro....I love the fact that there's white/silver sparkle just inside the binding on the headstock! SWEET!!!!!! Nice vintage Jagermeisterred sticker on the case too....looks like you got a great deal. Play her with pride!
                              they are deep enough to actually be a nut for a standard 9 guage set of strings

the sparkle around the h/s binding is my favorite part of the paint

vintage jagermeister sticker too?? man i must have gotten a good deal

Comment

Working...
                              X