Phil Collen Archtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Collen Archtop

Anyone know how thick the body was on the Phil Collen archtop and how much was figured? Also how much size difference between top of the body and edge?

Thanks
    Daniel

Why did this get moved?
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Probably so it can disappear - no sense telling anyone how to build a copy of a guitar that they will try to pass off as the real deal.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
        Why did this get moved?
        Because it was in the USA section and now it's in the Import section where it belongs. The PC Archtops were Professional (Japanese) models.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow this is a great board! As a new member to ask a question and get this response. Remember the best flattery is imitation; example Gibson using Fender headstocks on Firebird guitars and Hamer building and Explorer, oh by the way the SOLOIST is a Fender copy and passed off as its own as was let me think... the KELLY???? is this a Jackson or really an Explorer? Along with the Jackson V another Gibson rip off. Jackson has passed off more guitars as their own copies than any other company. But I digress. IF you don't like the question then don't answer. Information never hurt anyone and no one would take the time to build a guitar of great quality and pass it off as a Jackson.

Comment

I do think they made some USA PCAs - Brooks would know.

And you're right, no one would build a great quality copy and pass it off as a Jackson. They'd build a low-quality copy and pass it off as a Jackson.

I'm sorry, but if you want a Phil Collen Archtop, buy one. If that answer doesn't suit you, it's your problem.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yes god what a correct answer the kelly damn EXACTLY like an explorer bevels and all?

And we see tons of neck through affordable strats??

Oh and the RR models just like a gibson

Man gibson was on the money werent they? Last i checked many differences are present?
              Last edited by coloradoman25; 01-06-2007, 12:15 AM. Reason: newbie on newbie crime
              Haters gonna hate
              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                I do think they made some USA PCAs - Brooks would know.
                Yeah, the newer run they came out with last year or something. Were there others before that?

Comment

Originally posted by drychlik View Post
                  Jackson has passed off more guitars as their own copies than any other company.
                  No, that would be ESP.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Yeah, the newer run they came out with last year or something. Were there others before that?

I thought there were. That's why I thought it was odd the post got moved. In the picture section of the JCF, there are pics of PC archtops from 89 and on, that say in thr description US made.
                    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                      I thought there were. That's why I thought it was odd the post got moved. In the picture section of the JCF, there are pics of PC archtops from 89 and on, that say in thr description US made.
                      Ah, now that I think about it, there were some USA PCS (Players Choice Series) made. My bad. Hell, screw it, maybe I'll just move this to the General J/C section anyway. I've been moving a lot of people's posts lately for not being in the right forum anyway. LOL

Comment

The original Collen Archtop was a USA model, not an import.
                        The import model came out a year or two later.
                        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          I'll just move this to the General J/C section anyway. I've been moving a lot of people's posts lately for not being in the right forum anyway. LOL
                          Man, I'm gettin' whiplash here!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

damn send this newbie a map to follow this post lol

Seriously if he really wanted that info man does he have a weird ass way of askin!
                            Haters gonna hate
                            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              Man, I'm gettin' whiplash here!
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                              X