No announcement yet.

People who bitch about Jackson neck's thinness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackson necks are so comfortable IMO. I used to own a Concept Series Dinky, and loved the feel of it. Another guitar on the same price range (RG370Dx thing) on the other hand was terrible. It was so much straight feeling compared to JDR which feels terrible.
    And now i wait for my Dk-2 which i left to a luthier to set her up, so excited

Comment

I have to say that the neck on Jacksons are actually some of the most comfortable necks I've played on.
      "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
      Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
      Dimebag Darrell
      Chuck Schuldiner
      Cliff Burton

Comment

Well...ive spent the last 15 years with the super thin,

Jackson Dinky neck, and while i love it.. funny that i also love the thicker
        Les Paul style maple neck on my new Charvel. So even though they are
        completely different, i love them both! I think maybe it comes down to
        finish, and quality. A great high quality neck is just that..no matter what
        the dimensions. :-)

Comment

the neck on my 85 soloist is the best neck ive layed hands on

Comment

Who are these people that are saying Jackson sucks because of the thin necks? Do you have proof of this?

I used to like thin necks. Now I like thick necks. I find thin necks fatigue my hands and the thicker necks are more comfortable.

Comment

I've never heard anyone bitch about Jackson necks being too thin... until I read this thread...
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

The thinner the better here! Course I do got small hands!!
                I love admins!

Comment

to be honest, i don't see that many complaints about jackson necks. i got used to the fatter neck on my warrior in comparison to the dinkys i've owned pretty quick.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

they are a little bit too thin for my taste but I still dig Soloist's neck because it is wide and has a comfy shape. But I absolutely love P.Collen's necks.
                    Still vintage LPs ('58 and '59) and Strats have the best thickness IMO.

I gotta say that alot of vintage guitar dudes absolutely love my Soloists neck, they all say it's so easy to play with it.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
                      I don't think a neck is automatically good if it's thick/thin. The neck is, IMHO, the single most important thing in a guitar, and whether it suits my personal tastes is a combination of a lot of things. Profile, radius, finish, et cetera.

Now, IBANEZ necks on the other hand...
                      Could not have said it better. +1
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                        Still vintage LPs ('58 and '59) and Strats have the best thickness IMO.
                        i have to go with the 1960 profile on a LP. what bums me is a SG neck since i'm an AC/DC fan.
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I'm not quite sure what people are on about Jackson necks being too thin, because Ibanez necks are really thin. I love a really thin neck as my Vai/Jem has and the Jacksons I've played on have thicker necks. I've tried an SL1 before and I'll be getting one in the future, and that wasn't even as thin as any Ibanez neck I've tried.

Jackson necks thin? To me they were always pretty thick.

Comment

Working...
                          X