No announcement yet.

Help with picking a Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go out a find the very best guitar you can afford,a half stack,stomp boxs,ect.,then sit back and pray she decides she don't like it so YOU get all the gear......:ROTF:
    www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

I'd get a nice DK2. Cheap, quality components, comfortable.. can't go wrong.
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Go with a RR-3...
        I have it and it plays superb...
        I love it...
        I had the RR-1 in my hand and the neck
        felt a little bit faster ...
        and of course the RR-1 looks better and has more
        sustain but, I think for 700$ is a RR-3 the best you can
        get
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
          Show her the DK2M. I was gonna post this link, but it sold. $350! Heck, I'll post it anyway: <A href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-DK2M-Snow-White-Guitar-Seymour-Duncan-Pickups_W0QQitemZ160071291787QQcmdZViewItemQQssPag eNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101"" target=_blank>DK2M

Yeah, she likes that and there is one on EBAY now but the seller insists on PAYPAL and will not take a money order

Marcheville

Comment

Originally posted by Marcheville View Post

Oh yeah, she likes the fact that my RR-1 has the shark teeth and the neck binding. I realize this is just cosmetic but I do want her to be happy with the looks of it too.
            yup, cosmetic and american wages. Go with an RR5, just put a Duncan Jazz in the neck and you got the same thing. (and with a matching headstock)
            "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
              I'd get a nice DK2. Cheap, quality components, comfortable.. can't go wrong.

I think thats where we are headed. She likes the look of the white one with the maple neck and the ebony shark fin inlays.

The wifer is already going through the closet and asking questions about what a "wah wah" pedal is and what a "pitch shifter" is and what a "noise gate" is so I think I am in big trouble here. She already says she is commandeering my JC120 amp (I put my foot down when she wanted my mesa boogie rig). I'm not too keen on her taking the Yamaha because it has a nice clean sound to it and ton of versatility - doesn't Marshall make a cheap-o (well relatively speaking) $600 solid state half stack or something? I know we saw a Crate in the store but I'd rather go with Marshall if possible (I am a snob...Marshall > Randall > Crate). I also thought about a Line 6 set up.

Why do I think this "I think I want to learn how to play guitar" thing with the wifer going to turn into a $2000+ project?

Phooey! I started out with a $200 used Hondo and a Pignose amp back in the day! That was $200 for the guitar and amp together!

Now my wife is greasing me into a Jackson and a Marshall with half a dozen pedals? I must be f*cking soft!

Marcheville

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                Show her the DK2M. I was gonna post this link, but it sold. $350! Heck, I'll post it anyway: <A href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-DK2M-Snow-White-Guitar-Seymour-Duncan-Pickups_W0QQitemZ160071291787QQcmdZViewItemQQssPag eNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101"" target=_blank>DK2M

There is one up on Ebay now...white and she likes it a lot but the guy is adamant about "Paypal" only and will not take W/U or a money order.

There is also a RR1T up that has a little smash in the smaller point that I will keep an I on. No Floyd Rose though - thats like...like..."dude?" No dive bombs - gonna have to do a lotta bends and stuff!

I wish I could have gotten the DK2M you threw a link to for her for $350. That is a great deal and she totally digs the color scheme.

Now if someone has a pink dinky with a reverse headstock...

I'll post pics as soon as she gets her axe if you promise not to laugh at a 5'1", 95# Chinese woman slinging a Jackson with JC120 behind her.

Sh*t!!! She just asked me what the 'NADY wireless' box has in it! I am a dead man...

Marcheville

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
                  why not try a RR5....you would be suprised at the quality of the imports.
                  You could get one of those <1k
                  +1. My thoughts exactly.

I owned one, and it was sweet. It felt a little smaller than my RR1T does.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                    +1. My thoughts exactly.

I owned one, and it was sweet. It felt a little smaller than my RR1T does.

- E.
                    Looks like its going to be one of those white dinky's with the maple/ebony sharkfins. Unless someone puts a pink dinky with a bound neck up for sale on Ebay.

She's liking my RR-1 but when she sat down with it she realized it was a little too uncomfortable/untraditional.

So my baby is still safely mine

A little off topic but anyone here play with a scalloped neck? Any comments to transitioning from non to scalloped? Differences?

Thanks,

March

Comment

Good choice on the DK2M as well....I think the sharkies on that are plastic though not ebony

Comment

i'd leave it for the more experience player although the ideas not completely out there. the only production traditional guitar that is scalloped is the malsteen strat (hope i spelled that right, but who cares that guys a prick... )
                        actually you said she likes intricate music, so that might appeal to her, the scalloped neck is well for the more experience player, meaning that they are really sensitive. press to hard and you change the pitch but they get awesome vibratos
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

My vote is for the DK2M (I want one or three myself). I'd suggest checking with the sponsoring dealers here, they can make you a much better deal than Musician's Friend or somebody.
                          |My CSG gallery|
                          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
                            Good choice on the DK2M as well....I think the sharkies on that are plastic though not ebony
                            Well, Delrin
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Now Ron, Delrin is plastic. Pretty tough stuff in my experience, stinks like hell when melted for injection molding though. bleh
                              |My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

a yamaha JC120? anything like a Roland JC 120?
                                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                                X