Soloist colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist colors

This is a Gunmetal Gray I believe. I was browsing the Musician's Friend website (where this image is taken from) and it says that this is Gunmetal Gray, but if you keep scrolling there's yet another one pictured that has the Gunmetal Gray title:

Is this actually the same guitar and the lighting is different, or did MF make a mistake and put Gumetal Gray on the 2nd one by accident? I like the 2nd picture more and it appears the 1st pic is actually Gunmetal Gray. I'd like to get the 2nd pictured Soloist but I don't know what color it is -- anyone know?

I'd also like to see what a wood grain or straight up yellow Soloist would look like since I plan on getting guitars with those color in the future, but I don't think there's a way to get those since I believe they aren't offered.

It looks like the 2nd image has been improperly converted to grayscale before being saved as a jpeg. The top image is what GMG looks like.

Comment

those are two different guitars. Check out the differences in the MOP. I wouldn't be surprised if both guitars were GMG. They are lit differently - look at the shadow on the forearm contour and the reflections off the hardware.

here's a pic of a yellow Soloist from the JCF Gallery:

Hail yesterday

Comment

Yup, lighting is different on them - just look at the knobs and the trem. These are either two different guitars, or the same guitar shot under different lighting conditions. Also notice that the pickup selector is in different positions in the two pics. Nevertheless, the second pic looks like a poorly converted grayscale image. That is not what GMG normally looks like.

Comment

Weird that they'd put that there. The 2nd one still looks good though; I was wondering if it was actually another color of the Soloist line but marked as Gunmetal Gray by mistake.

And as for the yellow Soloist, I take it that the new line of Soloists aren't made in yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
            The top image is what GMG looks like.
            +1

Comment

I've already got a green, black, and white guitar, so now I need yellow, red, blue, and grey guitars to complete my guitar rainbow

I'd rather a woodgrain than a straight up brown guitar because brown reminds me of poo

Comment

Hey- that's my guitar. Here's a better pic in the daylight-

It's an '87 SL1.

edit- sooo.... how come I can't post pics now?
                Last edited by Mr. Poon; 01-23-2007, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Poon View Post
                  Hey- that's my guitar. Here's a better pic in the daylight-

It's an '87 SL1.

edit- sooo.... how come I can't post pics now?
                  Yellow/Gold Pearl color? I love that color man Jack.

Comment

When did they stop offering Soloists in yellow? If I could get a yellow one I'd probably go for that. I'd have to get a custom one probably but it'd be cheaper if they manufactured them.

Comment

Figured out my pic posting problem... I'm wicked good at the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Poon View Post
                        Figured out my pic posting problem... I'm wicked good at the internet.
                        d00d, u hav madd skilz
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by The Magic Hoof View Post
                          When did they stop offering Soloists in yellow? If I could get a yellow one I'd probably go for that. I'd have to get a custom one probably but it'd be cheaper if they manufactured them.
                          They have never, ever stopped offering Soloists in Yellow. Just like in 87, you can custom order a Soloist in yellow. All you have to do is ask and pay when it arrives.

The above guitar is an 1987 Soloist Custom, no such thing as an SL1 in those days, each guitar was custom ordered, wether it was white, yellow or polka dot, someone somewhere asked for it in that finish. Could have been the store, to have some stock, or a customer who wanted a particular finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
                            They have never, ever stopped offering Soloists in Yellow. Just like in 87, you can custom order a Soloist in yellow. All you have to do is ask and pay when it arrives.

The above guitar is an 1987 Soloist Custom, no such thing as an SL1 in those days, each guitar was custom ordered, wether it was white, yellow or polka dot, someone somewhere asked for it in that finish. Could have been the store, to have some stock, or a customer who wanted a particular finish.

Thanks for the info!

Now -- I've never custom ordered a guitar, but how would I go about doing that? I guess I'd have to go to a retail Jackson dealer (Guitar Center I guess) and tell them I'd want a custom SL1 in yellow. I could do this online, but I remember putting everything into the Jackson custom shop that was on the Jackson website and everything added up was like $4000. I took a look at the color list for SL1s on the site and they don't offer a line of yellow (has to be custom ordered like you said I guess,) but I'm wondering how much this would cost and if there is a way to do that online.

Comment

Originally posted by The Magic Hoof View Post
                              Thanks for the info!

Now -- I've never custom ordered a guitar, but how would I go about doing that? I guess I'd have to go to a retail Jackson dealer (Guitar Center I guess) and tell them I'd want a custom SL1 in yellow. I could do this online, but I remember putting everything into the Jackson custom shop that was on the Jackson website and everything added up was like $4000. I took a look at the color list for SL1s on the site and they don't offer a line of yellow (has to be custom ordered like you said I guess,) but I'm wondering how much this would cost and if there is a way to do that online.
                              Mine's not actually yellow, per se, it's "pearl yellow" and has a slight metal flake. I posted the second picture, the closeup, to try to show that. Just for the record.

Comment

Working...
                              X