Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my SLSMG case, not sure if it's the right one though?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my SLSMG case, not sure if it's the right one though?

So I got in the SLSMG case I ordered (the Jackson one, supposedly the JCC922) but it lists in the price list that this case also fits the left handed models and stuff, but there's no way a left handed guitar could fit into this case since the body area is form fitted for a right handed guitar. The SLSMG seems to fit okay, but I have to push around on the body to get it to fit into the body mould. I think it's the right case since it is a little longer than a standard Jackson case to accomodate the 3+3 headstock, but something just doesn't seem right. It doesn't look like a regular Jackson case, it has a lot more moulding in the shell instead of just the inset Jackson logo. I remember someone else mentioning a case that looked like this, but that was in regards to a thread comparing the 2 different Dinky cases listed, not the JCC922 case. So either Jackson changed the style of the cases or maybe I have the wrong case. Can someone else post a pic of their SLSMG case?
    Here's a few pics of mine. Notice how the neck doesn't sit in the middle of the area where it's supposed to, it rests almost all the way to one side. I don't think this is really a problem, and it seems to hold the guitar fine, but I just wanted to get some other opinions. Thanks.

Sometimes you will have to push a little to get the guitar all the way in.Not uncommon.I see the guitar is not centered in the neck channel you may need to modify the upper and lower horn area to get a more centered fit sometimes the strap buttons get in the way just take your thumb and push the foam in to clear the strap button.Looks like a pretty good fit as is.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have never seen a Jackson case like that. Is that the new one that is designed for the SLSMG?
      RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
      CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
      Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
      Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
        I have never seen a Jackson case like that. Is that the new one that is designed for the SLSMG?
        I'm not sure, that's why I made this thread haha...I guess I'll have to wait until the 2007 price list is online so I can compare the product numbers.

Comment

I thought the case that is needed for the 3+3 headstocks is the JCC921? I`m not 100% sure though!

Comment

Here is picture of my SLSMG in a JCC922 case. It does not look anything like your case. It is not that great of a picture but there is enough room so that the headstock does not touch the end of the case. That is why you need the JCC922 case. It was designed for the longer scale neck DK27 guitar and the 3X3
            headstock makes the total neck length longer than the normal Jackson headstock.
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

My SLSMG will not fit in my DK1 case. The headstock will not fit inside the edge of the case.
              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

Working...
              X