Jackson guit. in New York ?? site-prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson guit. in New York ?? site-prices

Ok.. My friend is going to NY in march, april... and i asked him to look for a Jackson Christian Olde Wolbers 7 string signature (Black or desert camo). On the official Jackson Guitars site there is a dealer list (good) but i was wondering how much that guitar would cost in NY...
    If someone knows the prices, lives in NY, knows where to finbd a C.O.W. 7 string there - please reply in this topic..

Thank You!!!

48th Street between 6th and 7th Ave. Not sure on prices but if you can't find it at Sam Ash, Manny's, 48st Custom, Rudy's, I can't help you. Probably the greatest concentration of music stores on the planet.
    My gear
    87 Charvel Model 6
    86 Charvel Model 4
    93 Jackson RR EX
    93 Jackson Kelly STD
    88 Ibanez RG560
    99 Schecter Diamond C-7
    Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

Thanks for the info !!

Comment

The music zoo is a 45 minute train ride onto Long Island from central station plus a 10-15 minute walk (http://www.themusiczoo.com). As they're a non-chain custom shop dealer, may be worth mailing them for a price? The guitar asylum is at the far end of Long Island. And Long Island got its name for a reason!

Be warned, Manny's is owned by Sam Ash:

Comment

+1 On the Music Zoo.

48th Street in NYC is not what it used to be as they say. Its all the same crap (sheap fender gibson esp etc.) last time I was there (not like back in the 80s when it was like frikin Mecca!).

There is a place called Guitar Asylum out on Long Island not to far from the City which carries alot of Jackons (or a least did a few year back). They have a web site.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

the Sam Ash there is pretty good. In my search for a Ric 4003 bass, I found one there for a decent price and they put it aside for me, and had it ready and got everything that I needed. Prolly just trying to get a good commission on a higher end bass...
            "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
            Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
            Dimebag Darrell
            Chuck Schuldiner
            Cliff Burton

Comment

Yeah, there is a guitar asylum out by me. (Miller Place) Take the LIRR (from Penn station) to Pt. Jeff and its about a ten minute ride from there. I would call or check their website to see what thay have first. Its not really a very big store.

Comment

GC is probably your best bet. guitar asylum not too fond of. music zoo i dont know, if you find something, LMK i work in NYC & live on long island

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                  GC is probably your best bet. guitar asylum not too fond of. music zoo i dont know, if you find something, LMK i work in NYC & live on long island
                  Stay away from Manny's in NYC, I was just there last month and it's exactly the same stock as Sam Ash next door (same owners!) Definitely try Music Zoo, most Charvel/Jacksons anywhere here in NY. It's on Northern Blvd in Little Neck Queens, literaly one block west of the Nassau County boarder. Nice Area. Maybe you can call or e-mail ahead and he can order it for you. The owner Tommy is a good guy and really knows his stuff. Don't try this week though because he told me he was going to NAMM, so give it a week or so. You won't be disapointed if you go in there (or your friend even), lots of "eye-candy" all over the walls. I can't even go in there anymore because I go into deep depression whenever I leave there emptyhanded!!!!
                  Guitars:
                  Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                  1988 Model 2,
                  Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                  RR3
                  Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                  1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                  2005 SG Special

Comment

I work on 48th street and don't recall seeing a COW 7 in stock. You might wanna check with the Music Zoo or GuitarAsylum

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
                      Stay away from Manny's in NYC, I was just there last month and it's exactly the same stock as Sam Ash next door
                      Ah, that's not true now. Ash has a lotta cool PRS's and Gibson, while Manny's has some cool G&L's, Gibsons and Andersons. I think Manny's has some of the higher end Deans, but not sure if Ash does. Either way, I don't think either have the 7 string, but both are worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801 View Post
                        Ah, that's not true now. Ash has a lotta cool PRS's and Gibson, while Manny's has some cool G&L's, Gibsons and Andersons. I think Manny's has some of the higher end Deans, but not sure if Ash does. Either way, I don't think either have the 7 string, but both are worth a look
                        That's the feeling I got when I walked through it. Yeah, true, there were some different models that Sam Ash didn't have, but walking around in there I really felt like I was in a Sam Ash store.
                        Guitars:
                        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                        1988 Model 2,
                        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                        RR3
                        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                        2005 SG Special

Comment

Working...
                        X