Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gonna dig up all the old threads?!?

Comment

Hell, Gibson couldn't sell a guitar named Gibson in Japan back in the 80's and 90's. They had to use the name Orville (from Orville Gibson).

edit: damn, got suckered into a 3 year old thread!!!

Last edited by SeventhSon; 03-31-2006, 09:12 PM.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Note to Newbies: Please use the Search function to find info before starting a new thread. However, once you've found your info, please don't resurrect the thread you found unless it's to add pertinent info. Finding one of these in a shop is not pertinent as to why these models don't get just the "Jackson" logo. That news would belong in a thread by itself, preferably in the Import section.
        Thanks.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Jackson is a soap/detergent in Japan.

Comment

Grover is a cool name!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
              Note to Newbies: Please use the Search function to find info before starting a new thread. However, once you've found your info, please don't resurrect the thread you found unless it's to add pertinent info. Finding one of these in a shop is not pertinent as to why these models don't get just the "Jackson" logo. That news would belong in a thread by itself, preferably in the Import section.
              Thanks.
              +1!!

Comment

Nah, Newc, the Japanese word for 'asshole', sounds like asshole. It's 'aho' (ah/ho-), as a loose translation of the word for idiot. Jackson in Japanese is 'Ja/koo/sewn'.

Comment

i have one ... a nice purple dinky, says Jackson on the headstock, and Grover Jackson in small letters underneath ...

it almost plays itself, and is one of the nicest guitars i have ever played

Comment

Working...
                  X