Would this be a worth buying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be a worth buying?

Hey all, I'm just curious on what this is, and is this worth buy or just keep saving and buying an awesome RR?

www.realitylost.net/images/jackson/
    * www.shootfornoon.com *

Down and Dirty in the Coal Mines

Nice guitar, a Rhoads Pro, bolt on, dual hums, locking trem, granite finish. No pickguard on that model, cool. Not an awesome RR, but still a nice one. If it's around $300 it's a good price...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Ah, a mid-90's Rhoads EX!
      Those were solid guitars, good players. I played one in just that finish. I thought the original pickups sucked though.

There are two fundamental things to look out for when buying guitars that old; worn frets, and worn trems. If the trem and the frets are in good condition, then it will be worth buying. Pickups and electronics can always be replaced. Well, trems can be replaced too...but a refret would cost a lot of dough.

Keep in mind that this model is quite plain though, what with its non-bound rosewood board and dots, etc. If you want a flashy RR, you would probably be happier if you saved up for an RR model with more "bling" on it. For instance, a used RR-1.

...or maybe the new RR24?

Last edited by Sunbane; 01-18-2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

The stone finish Rhoads Pros have no primer on the bodies and they have great acoustic tone.I'd buy it just to have it they are not very common almost as elusive as the dinky HX.The necks on those are to die for.JMO.Buy it and give it to me I'd love to have it.Really!!!!
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a candy blue EX, and I love it to death. The simple control layout works great for me, and the neck is awesome like Straycat said.

Comment

What is the price you can P.M.me if you wish.

Comment

Yeah, Ive got a black one. Nice neck, pickups suck. I think JGcable sold one just like this a while back. He had a dinky reverse in the same finish too. At least I think it was him.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                Nice guitar, a Rhoads Pro, bolt on,
                Slight correction: it's a Rhoads EX (Professional series), not a Rhoads Pro (Professional series).

Don't Proconfuse the newb

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Got a black Rhoads EX also. Bought it new back in 93. No bling, no sharkys, just a solid player. Anytime you can snag a Professional series on the cheap, take it.
                  My gear
                  87 Charvel Model 6
                  86 Charvel Model 4
                  93 Jackson RR EX
                  93 Jackson Kelly STD
                  88 Ibanez RG560
                  99 Schecter Diamond C-7
                  Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

RacerX is correct the professional series are different from the Pro series.Still great guitars.

Comment

Looks like it's in good shape.

And Ron, thanks for the link. I never read that part of the site.
                      Scott

Comment

Working...
                      X