JT500 interchageable with a JT590?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT500 interchageable with a JT590?

I havent been able to locate a JT590 that I need for my Charvel 375 dlx project, but i found a a JT500. They are supposedn to be prety simialr. Does anyomne know if The JT500 can be used in Place of the TT590? If so,What are the drawbacks. Thank you.

I believe the JT590 trems are just jackson branded Schaller FR tremelos, which are common and easy to find.

Good luck I am unsure if the JT 500 would fit as it's the newer and not as good trem....

Ozz

Comment

+1. Look for a Schaller Floyd.

The things I've heard about the JT500, is to stay clear of it if possible. It's probably safe to say that it is not as good as the 590.

If you're shopping off eBay, beware of the cheap chinese copies that are flourishing there.

Comment

The JT-500 and the JT-590 are the same specs as far as size is concerned.
        The JT-500 is a POS though... cheap metal.
        They are interchangeable.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          Bingo!

But if its really cheap and very clean, it might get you by for a while if it will get your project going.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
            Bingo!

But if its really cheap and very clean, it might get you by for a while if it will get your project going.

+1 to both

Comment

Personally, I think the 590 is far superior. However they do look like they are made to the same exact specs other than the metal. Other than the baseplate, this is all fixable. Get some brass fine tuning screws from Allparts or Stew Mac, and saddles from a parts 590 or OFR, clean up the knife edges and it will do you just fine. The thing to remember tho is this. DON'T MUSCLE THE SADDLE ADJUSTMENT SCREWS OR THE BASEPLATE WILL STRIP. Other than that, it will be a fine trem after these mods.

Just my .02
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I say locate a used OFR or JT590. I wouldn't waste the money on a JT500 unless it is a temporary replacement
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                  ...The thing to remember tho is this. DON'T MUSCLE THE SADDLE ADJUSTMENT SCREWS OR THE BASEPLATE WILL STRIP. ....
                  In other words, RTFM that has been shipped with new OFRs for nearly 20 years now, and as a result use the short end of the allen key for tightening :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                  X