Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Release : OFR VS. XFR Poll.

For Immediate Release:

In a recent poll conducted in the Polling thread of the respected Jackson Charvel Forum located on the Internet at www.jcfonline.com, it appears that the 65/35 percent formula is in play.

It can safely be known in real time that:

1. 65% of experienced and knowledgeable artists of the "art of playing the electric guitar" prefer guitars be equipped with a guitar string locking system known as an Original Floyd Rose or OFR for short.

The major reasons being the systems ability to provide players the control to precisely tune to a desired key and lock it in, resulting in maximized "in tune" play.

The other though less mentioned reason was the value added "expressiveness" factor.

2. The 35% of players who maintain a preference that their art is best expressed without having the "gizmo", which has been known to cause guitar artists to pull their hairs out and lose sleep, presented equally compelling reasons to not play "the system".

The main reasons supporting this philosphy are based on the inherent drawbacks associated with the OFR which rely on longer down times in changing out strings and the "tools" required to properly set up the precision device to perform as designed in the first place.

A very good time was had by all as the JCF'ers broke strings in stating their preferences.

The poll, though unscientific produced the reliable and measured 65/35 percent formula that the artists can use while balancing their art with science and technology.

RockPro

[ March 22, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: ROCKPRO ]

Re: Press Release : OFR VS. XFR Poll.

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] What is this all about

Comment

........a comedic report of the floyd/string thru poll.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Rockpro, what was the margin of error on that poll?
        I'll need that for my Thesis.

Comment

Oh ok thanks Sully

Ha Ha Ha HA HA HA

I still don't get it.

Originally posted by jsullysix:
          ........a comedic report of the floyd/string thru poll.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

This is the follow-up report on the poll which I started some time ago in the "polling" thread to help determine how many future Jackson FMIC units of any model may or may not be equipped with the OFR system. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Like a well thought out solo. The thread had a purpose as well as a begining, a middle and an end.

Do you "get it" now? If you got a laugh thats good. The fact is that 65% prefer the OFR and 35% do not.

Suppose FMIC is going to build 100 guitars they would be smart to spec-out 65 with the OFR and 35 without. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

The margin of error not being a factor in a non- scientific poll.

[ March 23, 2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: ROCKPRO ]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Floyd's rock [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

The OFR definitely does rock. Especially when it is set up well. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i'd say you're on to something, as most jacksons are floyded, compared to the non-floyded variety.

sully
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

What did you put the kahler people down as?

Comment

....freaks! j/k [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Seems like string through Jacksons are pretty hard to come by. Got my RR1T from a forum member. But I don't recall seeing too many other models for sale as string throughs. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That is probably and more likely because there are 65% fewer manufactured.

That is a big number difference. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

My favorite variety of bridge would be the Walt Whitman in philly! LOL I know....knee slapper. I just had to tho.
                            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                            X