Aftermarket case for a Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket case for a Rhoads?

I was wondering if any manufacturers out there made heavy-duty aftermarket cases to fit a Jackson RR, since I'm going to have to bring the thing back with me when I head home (studying overseas) and I really don't trust the default case to hold up that well.

I've read that normal cases are too small, so I was thinking of trying to use something like a bass guitar case, since they're larger - something like this.

Any idea if it'd work? If not, do you know any places that sell a good, rugged durable case that fits RRs?

Any big "chain" store or Ebay.........
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Look for a Anvil or ata type case.

Comment

What dimensions should I look for, then?

I was looking at this, but I don't know if it'll fit.

Comment

for my rhoads i use a gator extreme case
          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Bump.

Also, has anyone heard of Warwick Rockbags? From what I've seen they'd be a perfect alternative to a case for my Rhoads, but I'm not sure if I should get the bass guitar or normal guitar one - from what I see, the Rhoads requires a significantly larger bag/case.

Comment

Originally posted by Extant View Post
              Bump.

Also, has anyone heard of Warwick Rockbags? From what I've seen they'd be a perfect alternative to a case for my Rhoads, but I'm not sure if I should get the bass guitar or normal guitar one - from what I see, the Rhoads requires a significantly larger bag/case.
              I have just got one of the Rock Bags used off EBay for my Charvel Rhoads, it is very padded. I havent tried putting the guitar in it yet. I'll let you know when I've tried it.
              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

jackson do gigbags. i've got one that fits warriors, kellys, rhoads, etc. there are two grades though - 12mm thick and 20mm thick.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro View Post
                  I have just got one of the Rock Bags used off EBay for my Charvel Rhoads, it is very padded. I havent tried putting the guitar in it yet. I'll let you know when I've tried it.
                  Alright, thanks. Did you get the normal electric or bass one? I'm thinking of getting the Crosswalker ones since those are slightly more heavy-padded and come with a pedalboard.

jackson do gigbags. i've got one that fits warriors, kellys, rhoads, etc. there are two grades though - 12mm thick and 20mm thick.
                  I was kind of looking into that, but Warwick bags cost around the same for a hell lot more functionality - those things are just crazy.
                  Last edited by Extant; 01-31-2007, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I haven't got a clue which this one is but I've just put my Warrior in it no problem at all so the Avenger should go in no problem. The padding seems really good but when the Avenger goes in I will put some axtra padding in around the bottom fin just to be sure.

Comment

Righto - what'd the auction list it as? All the ones I've seen lately have been for bass ones, which is why I didn't know.

Comment

It was listed as used and would fit a Rhoads as that's what he'd bought it for. Not much help really. Can't see any model numbers or anything on it to ID it I will have another look when I get in from work today.

Comment

Alright. Thanks, man.

Comment

Where does one get a Jackon gigbag?

A Grover Jackson Kelly i bought turned up with a fitted gigbag.. it's real cool, anyone know where I can find another?

Comment

The irony...I checked out how the original Rhoads case stacks up against my vintage Ibanez double-neck one. The Rhoads case is actually bigger! :ROTF:
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                              X