SL2H Education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H Education

Cello, n00b here. I am considering a black SL2H with 81/85 set in mint condition. I wanted to get a general idea of build/sound quality as well as neck feel, pros/cons, etc. Completed auctions show resale around $1100-1500 depending on condition, case, and shipping. I assume this is accurate. I welcome your comments, experiences, and opinions.

Grassy Ass,

edit:

Did I put this in the wrong section?

Last edited by Gfunk; 01-27-2007, 05:31 PM.

My personal opinion is everyone should have a soloist - either and SL2H or Sl1 (depending upon your pup config preference). They are amazing guitars! My SL2H is one of my main players.

Prices do vary depending upon condition, graphic, etc. I'm not a fan of EMGs. For me, the Duncans are better pickups. I say find one you like that's in your price range and buy it. You won't be disappointed.

And welcome to the board.

Comment

What Johnny said, except for the EMG's. I dig the hell out of them.
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I'm constantly swinging back and forth between Ibanez Jems and Jackson SL's. I've had 4 Jems and 3 Jacksons.

As far a build quality goes, Jackson USA is light-years beyond Ibanez.
        The ebony in the fingerboard, as well as inlay fit, fret fit & finish are superior to just about anything out there - the binding covering the frets is a rarity these days 'cause it's an expensive procedure- the compound radius wood-cut is all about comfort and playabiltiy.

Jackson was known for their graphic finishes in the 80's and still have a better product IMHO. Quility pickups and electrical components round out the package- and that's just the regular guitars- then there's the Custom Shop.....

All in all, with the Pacific-Rim guitars in such huge numbers and availability- Jackson offers a true value in a sea of 6-strings vying for your dollars. Now help me find a Bengal SL-1 and I'll be happy too.
        Strat God Music
        http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X