Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist Help

Let me say hello to all.
    I am looking at a used Soloist. The problem is that I can't seem to find any info on the guitar this setup it has. I has EMG HZ pickups and a TOM bridge. I was not able to get the serial number from the store. The price listed is way low for a soloist, $399.
    Thanks for help.

3+3 headstock or 6 in line? if 3+3 it might be a SLSMG its an import if so

Comment

Originally posted by Dave67 View Post
      Let me say hello to all.
      I am looking at a used Soloist. The problem is that I can't seem to find any info on the guitar this setup it has. I has EMG HZ pickups and a TOM bridge. I was not able to get the serial number from the store. The price listed is way low for a soloist, $399.
      Thanks for help.
      Is it neck-thru? I see people calling dinkies ,which are bolt-ons, soloists a lot these days
      Check my bands!
      www.myspace.com/magicktr
      www.myspace.com/sinif64
      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

6 inline and neck thur. I will try and get serial number on
        Monday.

Comment

Maybe an SL-3? What was the pup config?

Comment

H-H, EMG HZ. It has 1 tone and 1 volume, and a 3 way switch.

Comment

A Soloist with six-in-line headstock, tunamatic and two EMG HZ´s? Never heard of it, to be honest. But I guess it might be something made for a specific market. Where do you live, Dave?

Comment

I am in the USA. The price is to low to be soloist, but the shop claim's that is a real soloist.

Comment

The serial number and the headstock is what I would look at next. Serial number would be the tell tale sign though. Most USA's say Made in USA on the headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
                    A Soloist with six-in-line headstock, tunamatic and two EMG HZ´s? Never heard of it, to be honest. But I guess it might be something made for a specific market. Where do you live, Dave?
                    Sl2hT? But I believe that bridge is not called a tunamatic.. Damn hard tails, that guitar needs a floyd bro! :ROTF:
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I gotta tell ya NIL I have never seen an SL2HT with EMGHZ's but hey ya learn something new everyday I guess. Either that or they replaced the stock pups with them for some weird reason. For that price i just tend to doubt its a USA soloist....but hey stranger things have happened

Comment

So like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Soloist-...QQcmdZViewItem

except in-line 6 headstock?

all the shots I can find have the 3/3

Son Of Spy
                        1976 Gibson Mk53
                        1988 Charvel Model 3
                        1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

Could be a limited run import. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

The headstock has the made in the USA label. I was not able to get to the shop today to the serial number. What should the number be? I have look at this guitar so many times, the saleman thinks we sould get a room.
                            If the serail number is a soloist it will have a new home tomorrow.

Comment

Either a U0xxxx or a Jxxxx I believe....Maybe you are just getting one hell of a deal. What is the color/condition of this thing

Comment

Working...
                              X