Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-6 Parts

Lo..

Well I've had my jackson strat in the closet for a couple months, and I finally decided to use it, so I took it out and tried to change the strings..
    Impossible... No allen key will fit, they just turn in the air.. The screws look fine but it still wont open, I guess they are not that fine and I must get a set of new screws to replace the old ones.. anyone knows where I might find them? I can't change strings on the damn thing!

Originally posted by Erez View Post
    Lo..

Well I've had my jackson strat in the closet for a couple months, and I finally decided to use it, so I took it out and tried to change the strings..
    Impossible... No allen key will fit, they just turn in the air.. The screws look fine but it still wont open, I guess they are not that fine and I must get a set of new screws to replace the old ones.. anyone knows where I might find them? I can't change strings on the damn thing!

I bought a set of screws on ebay a couple of years ago... Might want to search there... May be just as cheap to buy another JT-6 for parts, too...

Comment

yeah because I found a site that wants 10 dollars each screw?! wtf is that price.. :/
      I just figured I might be able find screws alone, because buying a complete bridge is a bit more expensive. Still it might be the only solution.

Comment

Anyhow what bothers me is.. how the hell did I change the strings the last time, if this time I cant open even 1 screw.. Maby I have the wrong keys? I have a set in inches, and a set in mm. But the 2.5 is too small, 3 is too big, 5/64" too small, 3/32 too big... maby there is another size of key that I need? I just dont know how the hell the whole 6 screws gone bad in the same time...

Comment

You sure they aren't stripped? I had to replace mine coz they got all worn out and rounded. I had a buddy machine me a set, but they didn't fit right. Too long. I asked here if anyone had some for sale and there was a bro who hooked me up. Much kudos to sambencuda

Check out ebay. Get a whole JT-6 and keep all the rest for spare parts. Seeing as they are getting harder to find, that might be a wise move.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Get a wrench or pliers to turn the locking screws. That'll work for now.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

THE JT-6 is pot metal and the problem you have now will happen again if you buy a replacment . Get a OFR or Shaller much better metal and should just be able to drop them in.

Comment

Dave (budman) sells them. Frets on the net .com look it up.
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                  Dave (budman) sells them. Frets on the net .com look it up.
                  I already did but he is out of stock

Comment

Looking at my keys for my JT-6..(BTW I still have my original allen
                    wrench tool) The size to lock the strings is between 6 and 7/64ths!
                    Which would make it...........

Wait for it.

13/128ths

*edit: as in later post that's 2.5mm
                    no shit.

Start looking for that missing wrench!

Son Of Spy
                    Last edited by sonofspy; 01-28-2007, 03:04 PM.
                    1976 Gibson Mk53
                    1988 Charvel Model 3
                    1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

I have no idea how i locked them in the past, and I actually bought 2 complete allen sets today and none fit.. bummer :/

And those screws look in a very good condition, not even scratched.. and ofcurse not even close to being round on the inside.. damn allen keys
                      Last edited by Erez; 01-28-2007, 12:58 PM.

Comment

The correct allen wrench should be 2.5mm

and sorry, Erez, those sell out fast -
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Snap on tools has those.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I got 2.5.. well I guess I'll go look for some replacement screws or a complete bridge..

Thanks for the helps!

Comment

Use a dremel tool and cut a slot in the allen head and use a flat blade screwdriver until you can find replacements.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X