Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility of FMIC killing J/C or selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility of FMIC killing J/C or selling?

Its very easy to tell the sales of the Jackson Charvel guitars have been not as expected since FMIC takeover. Elimination of Charvel standard series and complete marketing suicide like the Jenna V.

Also know with the "We will build you the guitar of our dreams as long as its OK with our lawyers and does not offend anyone and no one famous has a guitar like your order" we will build it policy, appears to really limit the client base. I know I took at least 20 grand plus in orders elsewhere because of these stupid policies.

My prediction is a dark one I believe the whole J/C line will be custom order only and thats it, No more production US series only way is through the Fender CS shop. The remainder of Jacksons employees will be laid off and extra machines liquidated. I think only a hand full of luthiers will stay and Dan L as well a Mike L will become independant contractors. FMIC will then only have the copyrights to JC.

On a bright side what I hope happens is FMIC will view the company as non profitable and sell the name and all rights to an different or independant company so JC has a chance to become what it once was.

I beleive Pre Fender will no longer ba a laughed at term around here.

Do drugs give you this paranoid conspiracy theory?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I doubt that will happen, really. Fender is offering a small amount of their total product through Jackson. It's not hurting them in the slightest to keep going. If in the unlikely event Jackson dies out, most of us will get rich quick!!! We've got all the cool ones, the vintage, the original, the lawsuits. They'll be extremely expensive (aren't they already?!) and we will have 'em.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

We should all pitch in and buy it!

Comment

J/C is one of Fender's assets. Say what you want about Fender, but it is a well-run corporation, and they would not intentionally damage the value of one of their assets. They are trying to increase the value & profitability of the brand. Many of us feel they are making some mistakes & missing some opportunities, but who knows? None of us have any idea what the books look like. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they make most of their money on the lowest end import guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Do drugs give you this paranoid conspiracy theory?
            I am just trying to have a discussion on what people feel the company is doing not start flame fests.

But if you must know Toejam yes they do.

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time that a company has slashed and
              burned a takeover...

those must be...

Son Of Spy
              1976 Gibson Mk53
              1988 Charvel Model 3
              1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

AK, how do you know sales are down? The Jenna guitar may or may not have been a disaster. It's all speculation. Maybe it's John Walker's fault. Maybe it isn't.

Comment

I dont want to name drop its not speculation if anyone wants to chime in go ahead.

Comment

so what you're saying is, it's very easy for YOU to tell that sales of Jacksons have not been as expected, because you have some sort of inside info.

Most of the rest of us just have your word (or our own speculation)
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

That is true the import line is their bread and butter, shame what they have been doing to the USA and custom shop line.

Comment

Custom shop prices increasing is a clear sign that they are getting plenty of orders... possibly so many that they can't keep up very well. So in situations like that, either hire more people or raise the prices. Looks like they did the latter.

So I guess you have some magical access to their books?
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Or maybe to pay for all the failed marketing campaigns. Regardless of how many Jenna Vs they sell they still gotta pay her and the employees. Does not mean they got a ton of custom shop orders.

Comment

I don't recall Fender ever filing for bankruptcy or doing much other than bathing in swimming pools of cash. As much as it might suck for those of us not liking the price increases, they obviously know what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
                              We should all pitch in and buy it!
                              Can I be in charge of quality control? I need some free time -
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X