Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility of FMIC killing J/C or selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More baseless speculation. Oh Brother.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      Does not mean they got a ton of custom shop orders.

Didn't they stop taking cs orders a while back because they had more than they could build? That's a sure sign a company is going under (insert sarcasm here). :ROTF:

Comment

"Elimination of Charvel standard series....."

did they drop the charvel "san dimas" guitars? when did this happen?
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I do not believe the hypotesis presented here are real or close to.
          However, I hope it is no secret to anyone here that the Jackson brand name is and has been bleeding for quite some time. To many people surprise Charvel has shown signs of resiliency.
          From more than one and VERY reliable sources FMIC is doing their best to make the whole thing work, they really are.

But, in today's economy and corporate environment anything can happen if the product do not pick up steam.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

As far as the Artist ltd. runs and and the ones not allowed by FMIC.

I do not believe for a second that it is all a matter of legalities with the artist, that if we order a Dime, Vai, or Lynch replica FMIC will get sued. Did the artists have trademarks on those guitars? did they copyrighted their axe?

In my heart I believe FMIC is keeping their OPTIONS open so they can come out with their OWN Blackie, Jeff Beck, Andy Summers, EVH, SRV, Rory Gallagher, Yngwie, etc. etc. etc. guitar and charge bucku, rape your butt off dollars. So, any of our ltd. 10 or 20 piece runs would be a boulder on the road for them to justify a $10k++ (or $20k+ ) artist for the general public.

That sucks for the fans and supporters of the product line, i.e. US.
            I am not talking about some dealer trying to drum up business and ordering a 10 or 20 piece runs to put in their store and in his website.
            NO!!, I am talking fans of Charvel and Jackson wanting a cool piece that we identify with our favorite players and for the majority of us pieces to keep. A small percantage make it to Ebay or get traded, so what? Most will remain with a minority that beloves a style, player style or era.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I think FMIC is going to kill off the Jackson line unless AK47 comes to terms with the Big Red swag.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

from my (european) point of view things are doing quite well.
                You see way more jacksons in stores over here (even my local, small dealer has got some jacksons in stock now) and I see them more and more often in magazines, so I think they get more attention now overall.
                I wasn't a huge fender fan at all, but if I'm honest I have nothing to complain about.

can't really comment on the price-policies though, since I bought second hand only in the pre-fender-days.
                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                  Custom shop prices increasing is a clear sign that they are getting plenty of orders... possibly so many that they can't keep up very well. So in situations like that, either hire more people or raise the prices. Looks like they did the latter.

So I guess you have some magical access to their books?

Actually I think they did both...

and jackson is makeing Fender good money...

the demand from several large areas greatly exceeds supply
                  Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Elimination of Standard series?

Originally posted by markD View Post
                    "Elimination of Charvel standard series....."

did they drop the charvel "san dimas" guitars? when did this happen?
                    I've heard this mentioned before but it's not clear to me either - is it fact or speculation?

craig

Comment

Originally posted by CMB View Post
                      I've heard this mentioned before but it's not clear to me either - is it fact or speculation?

craig
                      Charvel is now custom order only.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        Can I be in charge of quality control? I need some free time -
                        :ROTF:
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                          Charvel is now custom order only.
                          Ok - really dumb follow up; are those dealer runs like the Music Zoo naturals considered custom order?

craig

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                            I think FMIC is going to kill off the Jackson line unless AK47 comes to terms with the Big Red swag.
                            :ROTF:
                            Thanks Tim, I needed to clean off my keyboard anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by CMB View Post
                              Ok - really dumb follow up; are those dealer runs like the Music Zoo naturals considered custom order?

craig
                              Yes, they are. Think of the situation now as the same as it was with the original San Dimas Charvels. They were all custom orders, but dealers would place some orders on spec so they would have some guitars in stock to sell. A lot of the plain jane Charvels were ordered like that by dealers.

Comment

It is still part speculation on my part I am going on what was said to me regarding sales on the JC side since the FMIC takeover therefore making assumptions on FMIC selling off or making everything custom order.

Tim I will never get over the big red swag but I will have to be quiet about it for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X