No announcement yet.

Lost Rhoads Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that. He like himself an awful lot, I think.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

truss cover looks ontario

Comment

Pffft...creme os sop bla-say - talk to me when he has it repainted with some ghost flames or pile of skulls.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Randy never played it so....it's just another Jackson. Granted a very nice and very early Jackson. Funny how Grover says he won't verify it and Delores says there were no guitars in the pipeline. Sounds like they know this guy better than we do......he obviously tried to get Grover to buy it back...maybe even tried to sell it to Delores. The whole thing smells if you ask me.

Comment

funny thing about that guitar.... when jcf01 was in the pipeline, grover was contacted so that we could get some info about the original. he was adamant about the white namm rhoads NOT being for randy. mike shannon also confirmed it. i wouldn't put a lot of stock in delores' comment though, because she wasn't there at the factory, ya know? that's not to say she wouldn't know, but i'd take it with a grain of salt.

either way, i believe that the guitar is the missing namm rhoads and if i had 30k to drop, i wouldn't think twice.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with sully, here, with all the money being thrown around for reissues and remakes of "stars" guitars, this surely would easily be worth 30k?
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

So hard to put a value on it. If it's legit, it's a very important early Jackson, but not Randy's no matter how much this guy tries to connect it directly to him. My feeling is that it's worth a fair bit more than something like the Heineken strathead, but not $30k. Maybe in the $14k to $20k range? A bidding war might get this guy his price, and I guess that's what sets values for things like this: what somebody's willing to pay. People are throwing serious money around for anything special these days.

Comment

exactly my point, Dana. It's not that I believe it's worth the $30k as an instrument, as it's been modded an such but we all know how out of hand pieces like this can get -
                  Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                    exactly my point, Dana. It's not that I believe it's worth the $30k as an instrument, as it's been modded an such but we all know how out of hand pieces like this can get -

I think we have all sat around making assumptions on value based on guitars on ebay or on the JCF and it always comes down to what a collector is willing to pay. In some instances we have all scratched our heads wondering why someone would blow so much money on something..

Heinekin strat was up for sale for quite a while before a deal was done with Rob W... Given Robs past history if I were a betting man this guitar will end up in his collection ...
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I wouldn't doubt it, I'm sure the "buzz on the street" is deafening.
                      Dave ->

Comment

I have a 87 guitar world interview where Grover says:

"Actually, there were 3 guitars being made for him at the time. He got one, and we were working to get them done when he died. I accidently sold one of them. I didn't realize what it was at the time. I sold it at a NAMM show to a guy who was demonstrating Dean Markley, and Randy wanted one so bad. The guy got me at a weak moment, so I didn't realize what I had done. About three months later someone said, ' Well, you know you sold that guitar of Randy's,' and I of course said 'Oh no I didn't!' and they said 'Oh yes you did!' It was only at that second that I put it all together. I guess the kid doesn't know what he's got."

So who was he less than honest with?
                        Last edited by MEX3; 02-04-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I believe it is the missing NAMM guitar, but I don't think I would shell out 30k for it. As stated above Randy never played it or even saw it. I could see me shelling 15-20k for it though (if i was in a position to have that kind of cash readily available all the time).

But to me the Original Concorde (Shortwing) would be worth the 30k+, & on that one there would be no hesitation.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

grover's told a few versions of that story, one with joanne (his wife at the time) selling it while grover was away from the booth. this is something that no one will ever know the real truth, imo.

Originally posted by MEX3 View Post
                            I have a 87 guitar world interview where Grover says:

"Actually, there were 3 guitars being made for him at the time. He got one, and we were working to get them done when he died. I accidently sold one of them. I didn't realize what it was at the time. I sold it at a NAMM show to a guy who was demonstrating Dean Markley, and Randy wanted one so bad. The guy got me at a weak moment, so I didn't realize what I had done. About three months later someone said, ' Well, you know you sold that guitar of Randy's,' and I of course said 'Oh no I didn't!' and they said 'Oh yes you did!' It was only at that second that I put it all together. I guess the kid doesn't know what he's got."

So who was he less than honest with?
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                              grover's told a few versions of that story, one with joanne (his wife at the time) selling it while grover was away from the booth. this is something that no one will ever know the real truth, imo.

I think that ultimately diminishes the value. At this point it's just another Grover Jackson guitar. An early one granted but I don't see why it is so special if there is no direct connection to Randy.
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

well, it is one of the very first jacksons displayed at a namm show. i wouldn't call it another grover jackson. randy connection or not, it's pretty special, imo.
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X