• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on decision!

mhm ok, so i have a deciosn to make.

Option 1: Buy Jac. Soloist Trans Black SL2HT & use my peavy Valve King amp

Option 2: Buy a Laney TT50 & buy a cheaper guitar

the Soloist is 2,400 (CND) so i dont want to go out and buy that & the Laney TT50 which is 1,800(CND),

im not sure what to do.
    Great guitar w/ mid end amp
    or
    High end amp, w/ mid. end guitar

-Price range isnt set, this is all my own money, btu i dont plan on spending soo much; thus the decision

i dont know of any other amps; could you make any suggestions?

for guitar ideas i have this - suggestions taken
    Jac. SLSMG (maybe)
    Ibanez S320/S2170FW
    Charvel (dont know any models)
    Last edited by TinTin8; 02-03-2007, 12:33 PM.

If you bought the amp, what would be your budget for the guitar?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

^not sure, since this is alll my own money i dont have a limit, but i dont want to be throwing away tons of cash. i'de say 3g in tottal just for a range.

Comment

sell the valve king, get a better amp AND a good guitar
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
          sell the valve king, get a better amp AND a good guitar
          i plan on selling it, its brand new so it still worth some. but im getting 500(CND) for it. and well 500 isnt much compared to the rest im buying

i had a thought.
          the SLSMG's ... are the equip. w/ passive EMGS?

Comment

well the amp is good but still 50watts.. I suggest gettin a decent guitar, that will see you through a lifetime and can be gigged with, rather than a 50watt amp that is good, but u might have to upgrade again later..

the guitar is a better investment

Comment

if i get the Soloist, ill be havign that for life.
              if i get the TT50 ill have that for life.

im on the fence b/c i dont think i want to be playing a soloist on a Vk; cheaping out on the amp, not getting the most out of the guitar

Comment

I would get the Soloist and wait for the Laney amp. That ValveKing probably sounds pretty good for now.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                  I would get the Soloist and wait for the Laney amp. That ValveKing probably sounds pretty good for now.
                  there's no waiting involved. i have all the money in the world that i need.
                  i just dont want to spend it

Comment

What good is the money doing you just sitting there, then?

Spend it on what you want. It's only money, you can get more later.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      What good is the money doing you just sitting there, then?

Spend it on what you want. It's only money, you can get more later.
                      im not your average money spender. i save money to build a saftey net.

Comment

Dude buy the guitar and then either MOD the amp or search ebay for a good used tube amp that you like and buy it. Then sell the VK amp to offset the price of the new amp. I would definetly get the guitar 1st.

Comment

mhm i may just do that ...
                          i should look at ebay.
                          i really dont trust it, but i guess you cant go wrogn if your careful.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                            Dude buy the guitar and then either MOD the amp or search ebay for a good used tube amp that you like and buy it. Then sell the VK amp to offset the price of the new amp. I would definetly get the guitar 1st.
                            I agree with 100% here. I was faced with a similar dilemma back in 1986 and decided to do with the soloist and stick with the peavey combo I had. Since then I have bought and sold many an amp, (actually I'm looking into amps now too) but I still have and will always have that soloist. You can get a good amp on EBay if you do your homework, you just have to check it often. Good stuff pops up all the time with buy it now, so the more you look, the better your chances. so........

Get the Soloist!!!!!!
                            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Definately get the Soloist. Screw the amp for now. I'd rather have the better guitar. I've played the soloist through a valveking. It wasn't that bad. Like I said GET the SOLOIST. No matter what.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X