No announcement yet.

Need help on decision!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with s-man. get the guitar. finding a good deal on a good guitar is more important and with the new amp models coming out of namm you could prob get a good amp on closeout somewhere.
    dk-1 pile of skulls
    dk-2m white
    dkmg- black forest
    rr-1 black w/gold pins
    charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
    p.o.s. randall halfstack
    peavey 5150

Comment

go for the guitar!!!

Comment

If you want to continue to grow musically, guitar quality can really affect your situation:
        A crappy guitar will make you have limitations due to the limitations of the guitar itself, and a high-quality guitar can actually help you get alot better and won't hold you back.

If you're in a band playing out on a regular basis- or a studio cat who does alot of recording, a real high quality amp is nice but if your a regular player it's not necessary. Hell, I spent a month on a Korg Pandora with earphones while I saved up for an amp.

Go with the quality guitar every time.
        Strat God Music
        http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Keep in mind that the quality of the low to mid priced Korean and Chinese made guitars is really quite impressive these days. An incredible looking/playing/sounding guitar can be had for a real bargain, freeing up the cash for the amp.

Comment

There are now products, or combinations of products, that can serve the functions of a decent or even good amp, at relatively cheap prices...

... but as far as I know, there are no currently available products that can take the place of a good guitar.

Go for the Soloist

Comment

[QUOTE=Strat God;867484]If you want to continue to grow musically, guitar quality can really affect your situation:
              A crappy guitar will make you have limitations due to the limitations of the guitar itself, and a high-quality guitar can actually help you get alot better and won't hold you back.

QUOTE]

I have personal experience of this...

First two years of playing, a friend generously lend me one of his only two guitars. There were many things that I practiced endlessly but just couldn't get.

Then one day I finally got my first real guitar, and a lot of things I couldn't get before despite endless practice suddenly seemed so easy. I never realised how much a bad guitar can hold you back until then. I literally became 200% the player I was overnight.... all because of the quality of the guitar.

Comment

yea i have a LP and its good fgor rythem. but the neck is horride, so its hard to move around freely. and now i have .13's on it, which thre off the neck tension ... so i need a truss adjustment... (actions is suppppppppppper high & it cant go any lower or it'll get fret buzz) ...
                im goign to look on ebay alot more often now

Comment

I would never spend that much on a guitar unless it was a custom shop. If you really like the Laney, get it. Nothing can substitute for the amp tone you want. A guitar is a guitar. Find a selection with the features you like and pick the one you can afford. IMO pickups are the biggest sound-determining factor in a guitar and they are easily swapped.
                  Scott

Comment

Get the Soloist in either Green, Red, Blue, or Black Ghost Flames, or get it in Lightning Sky. And when you save up for a new amp, buy an ENGL Blackmore Signature. Freakin' brutal amps!
                    My Main Rig:
                    '87 Charvel Model 4A
                    Peavey KB100 amp
                    Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                    '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                    '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                    '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                    '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                    '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      I would never spend that much on a guitar unless it was a custom shop. If you really like the Laney, get it. Nothing can substitute for the amp tone you want. A guitar is a guitar. Find a selection with the features you like and pick the one you can afford. IMO pickups are the biggest sound-determining factor in a guitar and they are easily swapped.
                      yeah the soloist is the only guitar that i found w/ specs i want.
                      that was before the bc rich assasin came out.
                      i thought about waiting months to get the bc rich assassin to try out, but thats many months ahead ...
                      they have sim. stats, but waiting for a price will take for ever.

Comment

Look a ebay for both the guitar and amp. You can probably get both for under $ 2000 U.S. There is nothing wrong with used guitars or amps as long as you know what you want and researced both well. Amps I've only had a few in the last 30+ years ( Marshall , Fender & Fuchs ) But I've had over 200 guitars and Jackson from the SD period are the best I've ever played.

Comment

^ its canadian hehe
                          mhm i think amps are more suitbale second hand. but to me guitars dont have the same feel 2nd hand.

but i still check ebay, after lookign here it seems alot of discontinued models are infact spectacular & people sell them.

Comment

So most here are advising to buy the $2400 guitar and use whatever cheezy amp you can? Fuck that whole way of thinking bro. You can buy a nice quality (and great sounding) axe for under $1000, and spend the serious dough on the amp. Guitars only sound and play better up to a certain limit (price wise), then after that it just comes down to bling and brand names. I've played everything from $150 guitars to $4000 guitars, and trust me, when you get over a grand, you're generally not buying better playability. (depending on if you're buying new or used of course)
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

ive been searching & i havet really found a guitar matching my specs.
                              i wouldnt want to spedn 2400, but it seems that's my only option.

im all for neck-thru, but i guess it doesnt matter THAT much.

all i want is a guitar w/ 24 frets, a thin neck, some HB config lol
                              this screams ibanez, but im not to much of a fan of them.. (S series is the only model i like, but i have issues w/ it ... mainly finish)

Comment

Ibanez do produce some really great

Comment

Working...
                                X