Fav Soloist Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fav Soloist Finish

mhm, i've bein debating on getting a soloist.
    and on jack. site i dont think there colour chart does any justice.

so what is your fav soloist finish?
    and if possible ... Pics:P

i would think snakeskin would look awsome, althogh i havent seen one in that finish yet.

as a custom finish, i think the yellow/green marbilezer would looks crazy (as shown on the V's w/ cut offs)
    Last edited by TinTin8; 02-04-2007, 03:47 PM.

BGF. Pics don't do it justice....

sigpic

Comment

Lightning Sky or Nebula.

Comment

Lightning sky

Comment

Half white, half black diag...like Schenker.

Comment

Flip flop interference splatter...........

Comment

I like Red Ghost Flames.

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                Flip flop interference splatter...........
                have a pic of this? and this isnt a standard colour

Comment

Snakeskin is my favorite graphic finish (sorry for the twisted pic!).

But I think quantumrider's natural finished Jackson Stars SL is awesome. Especially with the ash body.

Comment

my glow in the dark

Comment

i like the plain colors Pink, white or black.
                      as for graphic it would be rusted bolted steel

Comment

1st favorite is natural mahogany, here is my cs soloist:

2nd is the Coral Sea finish from about 1990-92. Don`t have a picture, but I use to have a Fusion with it and always liked that graphic, very unique

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post

But I think quantumrider's natural finished Jackson Stars SL is awesome. Especially with the ash body.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=jacksonstars

nice snakeskin.
                          mhm i think copperhead would be better ... b/c its darker.

what are stars anways?

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...t=jacksonstars

Is that snakeskin the standard snakeskin? Because it looks lighter than all of the snakeskin SL1s I have seen

Comment

Originally posted by TinTin8 View Post
                              what are stars anways?
                              Jacksons made for the Japanese market have be called something other than Jackson, because the trademark expired. At the moment they're labeled Jackson Stars. The Japanese factory that makes Jackson's "imports" owns the rights to the basic Jackson designs in Japan. They make guitars for that market that are, basically, USA Select spec, but often with a twist. For example their RR-J1 is a 24fret version of the RR1. They also sell them with EMGs or Kahlers.

As well as having their own full custom shop, they have the cool idea of semi-custom options at reasonable cost. Think USA Select with minor changes that doesn't effect woodworking (different wood, different inlays, matching headstock...). If you search for jacksonstars (all one word) in the search function you'll find loads on it, including Nazgul's RR-J2SP, shadowcat's RR-J1, as well as Quantumrider's SL-J1 and Newc's NSALs. Indeed, I only discovered Jackson Stars as a consequence of this forum. It will lead to my financial demise, that I'm sure...

Moving neatly from financial demise back to your thread, how about red snakeskin with a maple board:

Comment

Working...
                              X