Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't Jackson just hire a photographer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't Jackson just hire a photographer?

I'm constantly seeing threads on here with people requesting pictures of a particular model in a particular graphic or color. If I'm interested in something specific, I would do the same thing. So....why can't jackson just photograph one of each available graphic and color for each model? Let's say I'm interested in a Warrior in the Lightning Sky graphic. It doesn't do me much good to see a Soloist with that graphic because I want to know how the lightning bolts lay across the body, etc.... I'm sure the Rhoads and King V models are much different from a Dinky body, as well.

And don't get me wrong; I'm not just asking for eye candy. I'm asking for an accurate representation of what a specific guitar looks like with a specific finish. I'll bet they could photograph them all in a few hours.

Just a thought.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

I'm with you on that one man! Hell they don't even need to hire a photogropher they could just hand a camera to a desk jockey and say "take a pic of every guitar" and all would be hunky-dory.

Comment

Everything about how Jackson as a company is run seems to have a lot of "inertia" .... ie: the company only make changes to the way it operates when it absolutely has to, not when it should.

Of course, I don't know anything about how it is actually run, but that's the way it seems to me.

Maybe they want to pretend they are still a small customs-only company operating in the 80s so they don't have to deal with all this Information Age stuff in 2007

Comment

This is so true.. I have managed to google some pics.. but it was hard.. :P
        äss howl

Comment

Maybe they're just too busy making guitars? :p
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            +1

Comment

uh, yeah, sure...
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yep...I agree...so Jackson please hire a photographer
                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

maybe they ARE busy making guitars, but they still NEED to provide the customers with what they need to be well informed enough to buy the guitar they want.

all they need to do is photograph the guitars after they build them. jackson offers a lot of colors and graphics. that is great, but it sucks if you never get to see one in person!!
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'd would be a good idea if they did something like this and just had it on the web. I love Jackson guitars but it seems they could be doing a lot more for themselves. They have hardly any good young bands endorsed and distribution in Europe is fairly poor. I think they could do more.

Comment

what has being busy building guitars have to do with hiring a photographer?

now if ALL the guitars came out of the shop with ZERO issues, i would understand that, but sadly that is not the case.. so somebody is slacking
                      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        I could understand that if they were a small mom-n-pop shop making 100 instruments a year. But you would think that, especially with the financial clout of Fender behind them, they could have a "graphic matrix" or whatever on their website. If they can offer a fancy Flash site like it is now, then they can do this. It wouldn't need to be anything elaborate. They could just do a simple frame and target HTML setup where you pick your model, then click a graphic menu on the side to change the picture. If someone is thinking of dropping a couple grand on a guitar sight-unseen, that would definitely help.

Comment

Pfft. Too busy? How the hell long would it take to snap photos of each guitar in each finish as they came down the line? Fifteen minutes per batch? An entire day to shoot the entire line if they had the proper guitars available?

Seriously, that is one reason I'm actually glad Fender took over. They'll turn the perpetual Jackson clusterfuck into a decently run business.

Comment

Another thought: If most Jackson models only came in plain jane solid colors, then maybe I could see just having a car brochure-style color chart. But come on. We're talking about Lightning Sky, Bolted Steel, Eerie Dess, Pile-O-Skulls, etc....
                            Last edited by PowerTube; 02-05-2007, 12:26 PM.

Comment

This thread has no value. Jackson has more important things to worry about that providing pictures of every guitar with every graphic. I mean, really. With everything else people bitch about I really don't think anyone at FMIC is too worried about this.....and they shouldn't be........pick your battles people....pick your battles.
                              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                              X