Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't Jackson just hire a photographer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    Maybe they're just too busy making guitars? :p

a laughable concept!

Comment

my God .... just take the shot, load it, and post it Website, MySpace, where ever .... heaven forbid exposure of your product.
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
        This thread has no value. Jackson has more important things to worry about that providing pictures of every guitar with every graphic. I mean, really. With everything else people bitch about I really don't think anyone at FMIC is too worried about this.....and they shouldn't be........pick your battles people....pick your battles.
        What, you'd rather guess what the guitar you order is gonna look like ? Like others have said, it'd be very easy to have each graphic per model pictured. It'd be like Chevy saying you can order the new Camaro with rally stripes but not letting you see what they look like. Or better yet, Chevy telling you to look on a '70 Chevelle SS then imagine that paint job on your car. C'mon .........
        I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

They should pay AlexL a metric assload of money to build a version of the CSG for their site with that funtionality.
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

they don't care......plain and simple........ as long as they get their chunk of change at the end of the day
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

They definately wouldn't be the first company.
              My Main Rig:
              '87 Charvel Model 4A
              Peavey KB100 amp
              Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
              '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
              '05 Ibanez RG320FM
              '86 Ovation Pinnacle
              '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
              '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Personally, I don't care if they have pictures of all the finishes or not. All my Jacksons are custom shop builds, and anything new I would want to buy would be CS as well...
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The "new" Jackson website is so much less than the one I remembered a few years ago that had contests and lots of other cool stuff. but then, maybe it's rose colored glasses...

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    Personally, I don't care if they have pictures of all the finishes or not. All my Jacksons are custom shop builds, and anything new I would want to buy would be CS as well...

OOOOH Mr. Fancypants.

"Now move along all you little peons and your regular production pieces. Me and my CS guitars are coming through"--Mr Fancypants
                    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                      OOOOH Mr. Fancypants.

"Now move along all you little peons and your regular production pieces. Me and my CS guitars are coming through"--Mr Fancypants
                      Sorry for being honest. :p I know I'm not alone either. lol

But, it's not like I own a whole bunch of guitars or anything... Just 3.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                        What, you'd rather guess what the guitar you order is gonna look like ? Like others have said, it'd be very easy to have each graphic per model pictured. It'd be like Chevy saying you can order the new Camaro with rally stripes but not letting you see what they look like. Or better yet, Chevy telling you to look on a '70 Chevelle SS then imagine that paint job on your car. C'mon .........
                        Um, I hate to have to do this....... but this debate holds absolutely no water. Apples and oranges my friend. First of all, Chevy produces more of 1 version of a particular model (like, ss or z28 or rs) in just 1 year than total produced USA Jacksons in the company's history so, yes it is easier for Chevy to do that. Really bad comparison. Also, USA Jackson graphics are done by hand and by different artists, so no 2 are exactly the same. Ever get a custom graphic on a new car???? Never happen, you can only order from a small choice list provided by the dealers in the vehicle catalog, and even then they do not show every color or every paint scheme on an actual car. They show a color chart just as in the back of a Jackson catalog. Period. End of story.

As far as your C'mon.....well, I orderred my KV2T in Trans Burnt Cherry Sunburst sight unseen, these guitars do not have a flame maple top. I personally challenge you to scour the web to find another to "see what it looks like". I can guarantee you won't find one other than mine and I'll put money on that. I spent top dollar without an idea of what it would actually look like, just on my guess. Of course it's gorgeous and isn't a really obnoxious burst not exactly as I imagined it would look, but just as I wanted. If you're really that concerned than you're not ready to have a unique instrument built for you, just go out and find one that's already built and buy it off the rack or EBay.

once again.....
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                          OOOOH Mr. Fancypants.

:ROTF:

Comment

It's amazing to me that "someone" had time to snap all those pics of Pablo's Xtreme things from first cut to final staging but now no one has time to grab a guitar off a Final rack and set it somewhere to take a decent pic?

Tell ya what, it's a brand new year, and there's a brand new lump of vacation time for me, so if they'll let me, I'll burn a few days and trot out to Corona and do Jackson a huge favor and take decent pics of the production models in as many finishes as they have on hand at that time. No charge.

I'll burn 'em to a CD right there in their full-res glory so hey can put 'em on their site and in their catalogs whenever they get good and ready, and upload 'em to my own site so everyone can get a better idea than those cheesy little dots they call samples.

I'll bring my video camera and do a "How It's Made" segment as well.

All I need is for someone at J/C to say "bring it, b*tch"

Voicex3: Yes, each graphic is done by hand by a different artist, but the basic principle is the same: Lightning Sky on a Warrior looks different than Lightning Sky on a Soloist, Kelly, Rhoads, etc etc. It's not as easy as photoslopping a Soloist on top of a Warrior in the Generator, because you're not approaching it from the same direction as the artist who paints it on there.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              Voicex3: Yes, each graphic is done by hand by a different artist, but the basic principle is the same: Lightning Sky on a Warrior looks different than Lightning Sky on a Soloist, Kelly, Rhoads, etc etc. It's not as easy as photoslopping a Soloist on top of a Warrior in the Generator, because you're not approaching it from the same direction as the artist who paints it on there.
                              That is exactly what I'm talking about. If we're interested in a Lightning Sky Warrior, we want to actually see what the Warrior looks like in Lightning Sky. We want to see how the lightning bolts lay across the body, what gets cut out by the pickups, etc... Everyone has an imagination, but I think it's ridiculous to have to depend on it when they could just snap a damned picture.

And besides, since a lot of Jacksons can be a bit pricey, someone who is dreaming of a certain model is going to be more encouraged if there is eye candy available.
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                                That is exactly what I'm talking about. If we're interested in a Lightning Sky Warrior, we want to actually see what the Warrior looks like in Lightning Sky. We want to see how the lightning bolts lay across the body, what gets cut out by the pickups, etc... Everyone has an imagination, but I think it's ridiculous to have to depend on it when they could just snap a damned picture.

And besides, since a lot of Jacksons can be a bit pricey, someone who is dreaming of a certain model is going to be more encouraged if there is eye candy available.
                                You guys are both missing my point. Lets not count what was done before the FMIC purchase of Jackson because things were not very organized. Even if they snapped pics of every guitar they've produced since then.....Do you think they've produced every graphic on every model since then? Not likely, like I said before, trying to find another KV2T in BCB for a preview was impossible most likely because they haven't done any others. Best bet to find a specific graphic is to check with dealers and their Sold inventory pics. I hate to say this.....but I bet Ed Roman has these pics in storage.......
                                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                                X