unpainted (Is that a word) Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unpainted (Is that a word) Jackson

Does anyone know if you can order guitars from jackson sans paint? I have someone who I trust to do my custom artwork and would rather purchase a jackson with just primer.

If not in the US, do you think I can do the semi-custom Jackson Star order and get it with out the paint?

I did do a search but again didn't find anything that answered my question. I do try to avoid asking same stuff twice.

thanks
    -jerr
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

i'd be pretty surprised, but call a dealer. it would be custom shop, so i guess anything is possible!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

There's probably an upcharge if you order it without paint.

Comment

GUARANTEED there's an upcharge.

Hell, if you order it with no bridge, no pickups, no strings, and no tuners, there's probably a $500 upcharge for that.

Comment

Welcome to mass production.

If all of a sudden they had 1 order that had to skip the paint department, another that had to skip pickups, another that had to skip pots but not switches, etc., it would be a pain in the ass to keep track of all of that. And then how would pricing work?

I could totally understand if there was a special charge for that sort of thing.

I work for a manufacturer (not of guitars), so I know what a pain it can be.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

The musiczoo guitars were unpainted, though I guess the bodies were oiled.....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Jackson will not let the guitar out in primer. It has to be completed, either natural or finished. No primered guitars. At least thats the answer I got around 2004. If you have your own graphic artist that you want to paint it, then order the guitar in either black or white depending on what graphic you're going to put on it and let him paint it. He will likely put down white or black as a background color anyway even if you were able to get it unpainted from Jackson.

Rudy
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: That was a good one. "Don't fuck with the process. Man"
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

In the good old days you could, at least the stars did. Robbin Crosby would get Kings with just primer and had his own artist who did the snakes and dragon stuff.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    In the good old days you could, at least the stars did. Robbin Crosby would get Kings with just primer and had his own artist who did the snakes and dragon stuff.
                    Yeah, that's where I got the idea. The artist who did my other stuff is pretty awesome, and I'd rather she do the art since she had a good idea of what I like.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                      Welcome to mass production.

If all of a sudden they had 1 order that had to skip the paint department, another that had to skip pickups, another that had to skip pots but not switches, etc., it would be a pain in the ass to keep track of all of that. And then how would pricing work?

I could totally understand if there was a special charge for that sort of thing.

I work for a manufacturer (not of guitars), so I know what a pain it can be.

- E.

That would make sense if they didn't have racks of un-painted guitars sitting there (at least in several of the photos I have seen) I'm not sure it would throw a wrench of the works to skip painting a guitar. Especially since that still takes a person sitting with a paint sprayer to do (I don't think they have automated that yet anyway) and since it would probably be considered a custom shop reguardless if everything else is standard I don't know why they would have the right to complain about it anyway. I'd be paying the price.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
                        Laugh, yeah get charged double for them to do half the world. welcome to America

Comment

Working...
                        X